Windows 10: Miracast locks PC at 30fps

Discus and support Miracast locks PC at 30fps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; TL;DR - When connected to my TV via Miracast, my PC is locked to 30FPS My kids like to watch me game on my laptop, but are always fighting over who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/im_not_a_gay_fish, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Miracast locks PC at 30fps

TL;DR - When connected to my TV via Miracast, my PC is locked to 30FPS

My kids like to watch me game on my laptop, but are always fighting over who gets to sit next to me for the best view.

To fix this, i bought a microsoft wireless display adapter so i can cast it to the TV. Hopfully this will stop the fighting since they can watch it on the TV.

However, whenever i load a game, my laptop is stuck at 30fps, which makes some games (like counterstrike) damn near impossible to play. I normally get around 80-90 FPS on games like Subnautica and 130ish FPS on CS:GO.

Is there a way to continue to get my higher frames while still casting to the TV without it locking my PC to 30FPS? It defeats the purpose if i cant play the games im supposed to be casting.

submitted by /u/im_not_a_gay_fish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/im_not_a_gay_fish, Jul 5, 2020

2. Miracast Windows 10 dxDiag "not Available"

Let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer of Miracast. To contact the manufacturer, please follow the steps below:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jul 5, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Miracast locks PC at 30fps

miracast

Hi there Alainpraet!

Step 1: If your TV comes with built-in Miracast support, then turn it On. ...

Step 2: Now on your Windows PC, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Connected Devices.

Step 3: Click on 'Add a Device' and wait for the adapter to appear in the list.

Now try to connect.

SonGoku'sSon, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Miracast locks PC at 30fps

1. Miracast locks PC at 30fps - Similar Threads - Miracast locks 30fps

2. MIRACAST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIRACAST: AFTER UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 10 TO 11 MIRACAST QUIT WORKING ON BOTH MY LAPTOP AND DESKTOP, I AM NOT ABLE TO CAST TO MY TVS . ANY IDEAS HOW TO FIX IT ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast/d1274ad3-68fc-412a-b9c5-3f36913c1624
  3. miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast: hihow fix Miracast: Available, no HDCP in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast/910de23d-ec05-414d-8d1e-ee2ad4e47bbe
  4. PC not able to miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC not able to miracast: I have a Galaxy Tab s7+ and I wanted to use the second screen function. I tried to connect it, but I couldn't find it in my PC Device list. When I ran DXDIAG, it said "Miracast: Available, no HDCP" I am using graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 under this graphic card...
  5. Active Miracast on Lock Screen with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Miracast on Lock Screen with Windows 10: Hi Is it possible to project to a computer with Miracast capabilities when it is on the initial "lock screen" on the reception screen? We don't want our users to have to sign in every single time on the reception screen in order to use Miracast. Thank you in advance for...
  6. Miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast: My laptop runs Windows 10, but I have a NVidia GPU which doesn't support Miracast or any wireless display technology. Is it possible to plug in an adapter/dongle in my laptop to make it Miracast compatible. Do you recommend one?...
  7. Miracast not working on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast not working on PC: My PC and TV are connected to the same router over ethernet. However, when I go to the notification panel and click project it says "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support Miracast, so it can't project wirelessly". I checked DxDiag and it says "Miracast: Available, with...
  8. Games on windows game pass locked at 30fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games on windows game pass locked at 30fps: Hi so i have gamepass ultimate and am trying to play hellblade and rise of the tomb raider but in game im noticing both are locked at 30fps regardless of what settings i have them at and whether i have vsync on or off. so far i’ve notices its only these two games thats are...
  9. No Miracast on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Miracast on pc: My older i3 2.35gHz intel pc does not have Miracast and I would like to stream games to Xbox One's new Wireless Display app. Does anyone know of a adapter for the pc that has a range of approximately 40 ft that I could buy? I am not a networking expert but I do have my pc...
  10. miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    miracast: I have an Hp System Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC BIOS: F.46 (type: UEFI) Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 7364MB RAM Page File: 3881MB used, 4634MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows...