Windows 10: Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10

Discus and support Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. After reinstalling everything else back I attempted to cast to my Roku but couldn't. Then I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Syn-Tzu, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Syn-Tzu Win User

Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10

I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. After reinstalling everything else back I attempted to cast to my Roku but couldn't. Then I tried to connect to my routers admin gui and again, couldn't. I couldn't connect to the admin on my home router or my mobile hotspot. This isn't the first time this has happened, with both issues at the same time, and I don't know how I fixed it the last time. It just spontaneously started working again. Turns out, a setting I had changed before for another purpose had fixed the problem but I didn't connect the fix to the change because I didn't notice it was fixed until a long time after the change was made. So after hours of researching and attempting all sorts of solutions I stumbled upon this article, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/miracast-requires-further-installation-surface-pro/7fc52981-42ff-461b-aead-8474a0a823d7 that had a response by Barb Bowman and a link to her blog for suggested fixes.

The first one worked for me, sorta. The problem was as she suggested my VPN software. I use NordVPN. Instead of uninstalling and testing I opened it and went to the settings. I noticed I had set my laptop to be invisible on the LAN. Switched it to off and VIOLA! Both Miracast and my connection to my routers admin gui were restored.

So, I'm writing this because I've seen this question about miracast not working going back years without a lot of help or solutions for many people, like me. I tried 30 or more recommended solutions but none of them worked until I ran across that article. Which I almost didn't read because I'm on a Dell Inspiron not a Surface Pro. I hope this helps anyone else having the same issues and none of the other solutions worked for either.

But if you are having problems and can no longer cast your laptop/pc screen to a wireless monitor and/or cannot connect to your router admin gui, I suggest checking your VPN software settings. If that doesn't help, Uninstall your VPN software then try to cast/connect.

I hope this can be found easily or moved so it can be. I spent about 8 hours searching for a solution and it wasn't until I looked in the driver events in device manager and copied and pasted "Device SWD\WiFiDirect\DA:31:34:61:6CMiracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10 :D4#Miracast requires further installation." into the search that that article came up. A very simple solution that took half a second to implement but forever to find.

The Miracast drivers never did finish installing, according to device manager, but nonetheless, it's working again.

:)

Syn-Tzu, Jul 8, 2019

2. miracast

Hi there Alainpraet!

Step 1: If your TV comes with built-in Miracast support, then turn it On. ...

Step 2: Now on your Windows PC, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Connected Devices.

Step 3: Click on 'Add a Device' and wait for the adapter to appear in the list.

Now try to connect.

SonGoku'sSon, Jul 8, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10

How to connect Surface to Miracast device

I have a Surface Pro 1.0.

I had Windows 8.1 Pro installed on this PC. And I was able to project this PC to my TV that had a Belkin Miracast device on it. This worked great.

I recently upgraded this Surface to Windows 10 Pro. Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, I am no longer able to project my PC to my TV with the Miracast device.

I cannot even find a way to project my screen. When I press Windows Key + "P", there is only the standard extend, Pc only, etc...

If I go to Notify -> Connect, this never finds the Miracast device. Notify -> Connect -> Find Other Types of Device -> Add a Device, never finds my Miracast device.

How can I get my upgraded Windows 10 Pro -> Surface Pro 1.0 PC to project to a Miracast device on my TV?

Jerry Tovar, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10

1. Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Miracast longer connects

2. Miracast Connection difficulty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Connection difficulty: I am using a Dell XPS-13-9310 running Windows 10. I am trying to use Miracast to a Roku TV. My computer indicates that: " Miracast: Available, with HDCP" but "Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver". When I try to connect from my laptop to TV my laptop sees the TV but...
  3. miracast no longer working in Windows 10. Worked great but no gettting "This device doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast no longer working in Windows 10. Worked great but no gettting "This device doesn't...: I'm using two Lenovo PCs. Set up Miracast and it worked like a charm. Used it a few more tuimes. But now I'm getting "This device doesn't support receiving Miracast, so you can't project to it wirelessly."I ran the "dxdiag" and it says Miracast is enabled.Can someone please...
  4. miracast no longer working in Windows 10. Worked great but no gettting "This device doesn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    miracast no longer working in Windows 10. Worked great but no gettting "This device doesn't...: I'm using two Lenovo PCs. Set up Miracast and it worked like a charm. Used it a few more tuimes. But now I'm getting "This device doesn't support receiving Miracast, so you can't project to it wirelessly."I ran the "dxdiag" and it says Miracast is enabled.Can someone please...
  5. Unable to connect to any Miracast devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to any Miracast devices: I've got several Miracast devices in my organisation. All Microsoft Wireless display adapters.One month ago one of my machines stopped being able to connect to any of these displays.I press windows +K, select a device, It prompts for a PIN, then just says unable to connect...
  6. Miracast is no longer supported!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast is no longer supported!?: Hello, everyone, I've been working in the home office for a few weeks now (many of you probably feel that way right now). Up to now I have always projected my work laptop onto my desktop PC to be able to work better. This morning my laptop couldn't find my PC and in the...
  7. Miracast Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast Connectivity Issue: Hi so i have problem with " project to this pc" feature. After i make changes to the setting to make it available my phone can detect it but when i try to cast it only gives me pin code even though the pin options is off. And it took long time buffer sign and its gone from my...
  8. can't connect to miracast windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't connect to miracast windows 10: Hi, I have this problem with multiple laptops from different brands (dell, lenovo) with all updates (windows pro 1809 ) and latest drivers and multiple wireless miracast receivers (microsoft, lg, polycom). I can't get wireless display on any laptop to connect to any...
  9. Can't connect to Miracast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to Miracast: Hello, i just upgraded to Windows 10 so i can connect to Miracast on my LG Smart TV. Whenever i try to connect my tv, it's either my wifi disconnected or my monitor sleeps then turns on again. I checked if my PC supports Miracast & it says it's available, I know the...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10: How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 Miracast is a wireless technology your PC, laptop, or tablet can use to project your screen to wireless TVs, projectors, and streaming media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Miracast requires further installation.

2. miracast no longer in windows 10

3. miracast firewall

4. no connection when connecting miracast windows 10,
  5. miracast never connects,
  6. Miracast requires further installation,
  7. miracast no longer works,
  8. miracast never connects?,
  9. windows 10 2019 no longer support miracast?,
  10. miracast worked now doesnt after resinstalling windows 10,
  11. screen share from windows 10 to oled lg tv not working,
  12. windows 10 screen sharing lg