Windows 10: Miracast not working on PC

Discus and support Miracast not working on PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC and TV are connected to the same router over ethernet. However, when I go to the notification panel and click project it says "Your PC or mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ost056, Sep 17, 2020.

1. /u/ost056 Win User

Miracast not working on PC

My PC and TV are connected to the same router over ethernet. However, when I go to the notification panel and click project it says "Your PC or mobile device doesn't support Miracast, so it can't project wirelessly". I checked DxDiag and it says "Miracast: Available, with HDCP". What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/ost056
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ost056, Sep 17, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Miracast Windows 10 dxDiag "not Available"

Let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer of Miracast. To contact the manufacturer, please follow the steps below:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Miracast not working on PC

Miracast stopped working

Hi Gina,

Issues with Miracast are usually resolved by installing the latest drivers for your PC and the latest firmware for your wireless display or Miracast adapter. To update firmware on your wireless display or adapter, go to the Support section of the manufacturer's
    website, search on your specific device, and follow their instructions to download and install that firmware. You can also check the Windows Store to see if there’s an app from the manufacturer of your wireless display or Miracast adapter that updates firmware.

And, we would also suggest that you try performing the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread and check if it works for you.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Miracast not working on PC

1. Miracast not working on PC - Similar Threads - Miracast working

2. Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work: I want to mirror my Windows 11 23H2 PC desktop to my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2nd gen. The Fire TV stick is connected to a HDMI input of my BenQ 1080p video projector.Mirroring from my Samsung Android tablet to the TV stick works with the app "Smart View", which also seems...
  3. Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast/Mirroring to TV Stick doesn't work: I want to mirror my Windows 11 23H2 PC desktop to my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2nd gen. The Fire TV stick is connected to a HDMI input of my BenQ 1080p video projector.Mirroring from my Samsung Android tablet to the TV stick works with the app "Smart View", which also seems...
  4. Miracast between laptop and PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast between laptop and PC not working: Hi there.I've been trying to connect my laptop to my PC to serve as a kind of extra monitor through miracast but my PC cannot find my laptop in the connect screen.I have both a wifi and bluetooth adaptater on my PC and have checked that both devices have miracast...
  5. Miracast between laptop and PC not working

Miracast between laptop and PC not working: Hi there.I've been trying to connect my laptop to my PC to serve as a kind of extra monitor through miracast but my PC cannot find my laptop in the connect screen.I have both a wifi and bluetooth adaptater on my PC and have checked that both devices have miracast...
  6. Winodws 11 Miracast wireless display casting DO NOT WORK. SOLUTION HERE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winodws 11 Miracast wireless display casting DO NOT WORK. SOLUTION HERE!: Hi. I bought a new gaming laptop and the Miracast was not working. On my old Win 10 gaming laptop Miracast worked perfectly. Googling the issue it brought me here where "contributors" had no idea what they were talking about and copy pasting solutions from other websites....
  7. Winodws 11 Miracast wireless display casting DO NOT WORK. SOLUTION HERE!

Winodws 11 Miracast wireless display casting DO NOT WORK. SOLUTION HERE!: Hi. I bought a new gaming laptop and the Miracast was not working. On my old Win 10 gaming laptop Miracast worked perfectly. Googling the issue it brought me here where "contributors" had no idea what they were talking about and copy pasting solutions from other websites....
  8. I try to connect my pc wirelessly with my samsung smart tv with Miracast but its not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I try to connect my pc wirelessly with my samsung smart tv with Miracast but its not working: as stated Im trying to connect my pc with my tv wirelessly but its not working, it says that Miracast isnt available on this device and im not sure what to do except buy a way too long hdmi cable I tried searching up anything, like using windows+r and downloading the file in...
  9. I try to connect my pc wirelessly with my samsung smart tv with Miracast but its not working

I try to connect my pc wirelessly with my samsung smart tv with Miracast but its not working: as stated Im trying to connect my pc with my tv wirelessly but its not working, it says that Miracast isnt available on this device and im not sure what to do except buy a way too long hdmi cable I tried searching up anything, like using windows+r and downloading the file in...
  10. miracast no longer working in Windows 10. Worked great but no gettting "This device doesn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    miracast no longer working in Windows 10. Worked great but no gettting "This device doesn't...: I'm using two Lenovo PCs. Set up Miracast and it worked like a charm. Used it a few more tuimes. But now I'm getting "This device doesn't support receiving Miracast, so you can't project to it wirelessly."I ran the "dxdiag" and it says Miracast is enabled.Can someone please...