Windows 10: Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect

Discus and support Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I can't post to the original thread, I wanted to post my solution for others. In my case the BITDEFENDER Firewall blocked the connection. My PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by uTILLIty, Apr 15, 2020.

1. uTILLIty Win User

Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect

Since I can't post to the original thread, I wanted to post my solution for others.

In my case the BITDEFENDER Firewall blocked the connection. My PC has an ETHERNET connection to the LAN and a separate NOT CONNECTED WiFi USB dongle just for MiraCast as for some reason Microsoft thinks it's not necessary that Miracast should also work with a wired connection. Since the WIFI is NOT connected to any network and will be used to create an AD-HOC connection to the Miracast receiver - in my case a Samsung Smart TV, you cannot tell BITDEFENDER Firewall that it should treat that WIFI connection as a HOME/OFFICE connection. So I added a Firewall rule to c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe to allow all traffic you could probably be more precise and just allowProtocol: TCP/UDP ports: 5353, 7236, 7250 and then the connection works!

hope this helps others in a similar situation!

regards, Tilli

:)

uTILLIty, Apr 15, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Miracast connectivity issue

Thank you for your reply.

Here are the possible reasons why you cannot see the "Connect to a wireless display" button:

• The Display Adapters are having an issue.
    • The monitor you want to connect wirelessly doesn't support Miracast.
    • The graphics card installed on your laptop doesn't support Miracast.

Based on the information you've provided, the monitor you want to connect doesn't support Miracast. We suggest getting a new monitor that supports Miracast.

Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect c9f461a4-2012-4d2a-97b4-56da770c7def.jpg

Please post back if you have any Windows concerns for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect

Miracast stopped working

Hi Gina,

Issues with Miracast are usually resolved by installing the latest drivers for your PC and the latest firmware for your wireless display or Miracast adapter. To update firmware on your wireless display or adapter, go to the Support section of the manufacturer's
    website, search on your specific device, and follow their instructions to download and install that firmware. You can also check the Windows Store to see if there’s an app from the manufacturer of your wireless display or Miracast adapter that updates firmware.

And, we would also suggest that you try performing the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread and check if it works for you.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect

1. Miracast not working - Something went wrong, your display couldn't connect - Similar Threads - Miracast working Something

2. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  3. “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop: Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I haven’t had my hp laptop that long, it’s got all the most recent updates but when I’ve connected my iPhone to put my pictures on to my laptop it keeps coming up with something went wrong, we are having trouble accessing items on the...
  4. “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop: Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I haven’t had my hp laptop that long, it’s got all the most recent updates but when I’ve connected my iPhone to put my pictures on to my laptop it keeps coming up with something went wrong, we are having trouble accessing items on the...
  5. “Something went wrong” displayed on up laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Something went wrong launching your game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong launching your game.: I'm getting this error while trying to launch snowrunner. My pc updated and something went wrong so it reset. Tried reinstalling the game several times...Does anyone know of a solution? I couldn't find anything online....
  7. Something went wrong and your pin is not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something went wrong and your pin is not available: Hey, I have a problem I updated windows 10 using Windows update assistant, but when I restarted my computer, I got this message on login 'something went wrong and your pin is not available' and there is an option saying 'set up a new one' but when I press it, nothing happens,...
  8. sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sorry something went wrong couldn't turn on the camera: Hi I am used Microsoft Surface labtop3, I few week ago Window hello used face logon it still work propoly. After update patch Window10, Face logon it not work. I try to remove Window hellp face and set up again . It cannot setup after key PIN and then shown "sorry...
  9. “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “something went wrong and your pin is unavailable”: i got that when i booted up my pc,i signed in with my password instead and removed the pin,then restarted my computer then added a new one.seemed to have fixed it but what caused this? submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69 [link] [comments]...
  10. Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong: Hi, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the message Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong. I TRIED UPDATING MY WINDOWS SAME ****...A DAY BEFORE IT WAS FINE. SUDDENLY YESTERDAY N NOW ****? I JUST SIMPLY TRY saving group clip arts no problem, but individual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitdefender block miracast

2. windows 10 wireless display something went wrong

3. woindows 10 wireless display couldnt connect

4. wireless display could not connect. Somethig went wrong.,
  5. miracast device cant connect something wwqent wrong ,
  6. fix problem couldnt connect something went wrong miracast ,
  7. windows 10 doesn t connect to miracast