Windows 10: Miracast saying not supported when it is supported

Discus and support Miracast saying not supported when it is supported in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone if you try to connect to your tv when pressing the connect button on windows 10 and it says this device doesn't support miracast so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesStudley1, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Miracast saying not supported when it is supported

Hello everyone if you try to connect to your tv when pressing the connect button on windows 10 and it says this device doesn't support miracast so it cannot project wirelessly and you have exausted yourself to fix the problem try doing these instructions.

please open up a command prompt and type in netsh wlan show drivers now scroll down to the bottom of the command and if it will say

wireless display supported no graphics driver yes wifi driver no

if it says wireless display supported yes graphics driver yes wifi driver yes it might be an issue with software try contacting microsoft on the get help app

this is an issue with the wifi dongle itself this issue mostly only occurs in personal computers. if you have a laptop this issue should not affect you, miracast should be working

For example in our pc when it was not working we had a cheap dongle off ebay from years ago. We decided to try a new dongle becuase we knew it was something to do with the wifi hardware. We looked up the type of wifi dongle online and found out other people have the same problems. Also we had problems with private networking with that dongle. Since it was a bad small crappy dongle it could not communicate with the router for private networking unless we bought it directly near the computer.

We went to harvey norman to buy a netgear dual band wifi dongle. it worked a treat private networking fixed and miracast fixed.

i am warning you if get a cheap crappy thing off ebay or any online shopping site it comes with consequences.

it is best to go to a proper technology store or site to buy your gear like wifi dongles.

feel free to reply if any issues Kind Regards James

:)

JamesStudley1, Sep 15, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 15, 2018
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Miracast saying not supported when it is supported

Miracast Windows 10 dxDiag "not Available"

Let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer of Miracast. To contact the manufacturer, please follow the steps below:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Miracast saying not supported when it is supported

1. Miracast saying not supported when it is supported - Similar Threads - Miracast saying supported

2. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  3. Miracast Support for Legion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Support for Legion: I have a Lenovo Legion R5-4800H, RTX2060 and want to connect it to my Tab s9 using the "second display" function. When I do, it tries to connect, the tablet goes black screen, and then it goes back to normal. Connection is always unsuccessful.I tried it using a different...
  4. WINDOWS 10 says MIRACAST not supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 says MIRACAST not supported: I have a HP PRODESK 600g3 sff When i press WIN KEY + K it opens up the wireless connection window, But it shows that my PC doesn't support MIRACAST why? My PC has no WIFI only has ETHERNET. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  5. Miracast is no longer supported!?

Miracast is no longer supported!?: Hello, everyone, I've been working in the home office for a few weeks now (many of you probably feel that way right now). Up to now I have always projected my work laptop onto my desktop PC to be able to work better. This morning my laptop couldn't find my PC and in the...
  6. Miracast support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Miracast support: Does my HP15 version 10.0.17763 have bluetooth capability? I am trying to install my Bose speaker and am having trouble. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/miracast-support/41eafcfa-f120-41ed-af9d-8bc718c9025d
  7. does not support miracasting

in Windows 10 Customization
    does not support miracasting: sir i have window 10 in my laptop. but my laptop does not support miracasting. i also have latest update of drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-not-support-miracasting/1119c257-9ba9-4b68-a928-96f38d3f4287
  8. Miracast Support

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast Support: Hello, I am having trouble getting my Windows 10 PC to display to a Miracast enabled display. I have an Intel Wireless-AC 9650 WiFi card which states in the product brief that it supports Miracast, however when I check the drivers in cmd I get the following: Interface...
  9. miracast support 4K

miracast support 4K: Hi, I have a problem with Screen Mirroring Miracast. I have a notebook with 4K display, and a 4K TV on which applied screen-mirroring. When I try, I receive an error connection. But if someone tries to connect to the 4K TV starting from a Full-HD resolution, everything is...
  10. Miracast Support ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast Support ?: I was trying to see if my PC can use Miracast without using a Miracast Adapter. My Sony Bravia TV shows it supports Miracast. [img] [img] My PC i am not sure if it does one section on DxDiag does the other by Display shows it does not. Is it the Graphics card or Display...