Windows 10: Miracast Wireless Display, 5.1 surround sound issue

Discus and support Miracast Wireless Display, 5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i have seen various posts around this issue but no solutions to date. I have a Win 10 laptop with miracast wireless display connection to Sony... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmmoNijjar, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Miracast Wireless Display, 5.1 surround sound issue

Hi,

i have seen various posts around this issue but no solutions to date.

I have a Win 10 laptop with miracast wireless display connection to Sony Bravia TV which is connected to a 5.1 channel AV system via arc. Works in 5.1 when connected via HDMI cable, however sound only works in 2 channel stereo when connected wirelessly over miracast

The audio is using a WIDI 2 channel driver and I tried to find the 6 channel WIDI driver, however WIDI is no longer supported by Intel.

Does anybody know if miracast will have new audio drivers in Win 10 now that WIDI is no longer supported?

Has anyone managed to get 5.1 surround sound working with Miracast with or without any extra hardware?

:)

AmmoNijjar, Dec 30, 2018

2. Miracast 5.1 Surround Sound issue

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with my Miracast, it's connected to my tv and the tv is connected to 5.1 surround sound system speakers. the problem is that I get sound only from the front two speakers and I don't get the full 5.1 surround sound as
    what Microsoft promised the Miracast should have! I have the HP Spectre x360 and it's brand new so it should have all te latest audio drivers! what should I do in this case?

MURTADHAALJAMA, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Miracast 5.1 Surround Sound issue

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Method 1.

Run the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Follow these steps:

a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b) Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press
    enter

c) Click hardware and sound and run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Change sound settings.

• Press Windows key + R key, and type Control. In the search box, type sound, and then click Sound.
    • On the Playback tab, click Speakers, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Enhancements tab, and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.
    Also refer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/project-wireless-screen-miracast

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Miracast Wireless Display, 5.1 surround sound issue

miracast wireless adaptor not connecting

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with connecting to the external monitor on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers after upgrading to Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Update
    Wireless Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Also refer to: Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays

And, Project to a wireless display with Miracast

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Miracast Wireless Display, 5.1 surround sound issue

1. Miracast Wireless Display, 5.1 surround sound issue - Similar Threads - Miracast Wireless Display

2. Miracast Color/Display Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Color/Display Issue: Miracast has previously worked for me - haven't tried it for several months but now get a blurred rainbow mess across the entire screen, similar to a color or bit rate issue or video cable not being plugged in properly have tried on 3 separate devices wireless devices and all...
  3. Miracast Color/Display Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Color/Display Issue: Miracast has previously worked for me - haven't tried it for several months but now get a blurred rainbow mess across the entire screen, similar to a color or bit rate issue or video cable not being plugged in properly have tried on 3 separate devices wireless devices and all...
  4. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  5. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  6. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Miracast/wireless display receiver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast/wireless display receiver: I have a microsoft wireless display adapter v2. But now on windows (if your laptop/pc support it) it have also a miracast receiver buid in baked in the os. But on the wireless display adapter v2 sometimes cant keep up and sometimes it is smooth as it should be. But what is...
  8. Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with Miracast / connecting to a wireless display: Hi, ive been able to connect to my phillips smart tv for couple of times vis miracast. i did that by pressing "windows key + P" and pressing connect to a wireless display. next sub window would open and automatically scan for devices. it would find it instantly and it would...
  9. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (Miracast) Problems?: Haven't found other threads dealing with this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get my wireless display adapter working properly in Win10 (worked great with my Surface Pro 3 with Win 8.1 - I'm on Win 10 build 9926 at the moment). Symptom: I can Win+P to...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10: How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 Miracast is a wireless technology your PC, laptop, or tablet can use to project your screen to wireless TVs, projectors, and streaming media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows miracast surround

2. miracast display no sound

3. miracast windows 10 no sound

4. windows 10 miracast no audio,
  5. miracast no sound,
  6. miracast sound issue,
  7. how to get miracast to play surround sound on my tv,
  8. miracast 5.1,
  9. miracast from pc to tv and surrond sound,
  10. 5.1 surrounding with miracast