Windows 10: mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11

Discus and support mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a ford site for work and I need just internet explorer 11 and for some reason it keeps changing over to Microsoft edge and then I cant get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TravisAlcock, Aug 9, 2020.

1. mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11

I am using a ford site for work and I need just internet explorer 11 and for some reason it keeps changing over to Microsoft edge and then I cant get my work done because the site is not compatible with edge! so how do I fix this?? both of my laptops are new and use windows 10

:)

TravisAlcock, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 & Edge - flash player will not load

If you already tried the steps provided by Jomel_Santos, we suggest to reset the Internet Explorer 11 by following the steps on this
    link to make sure you do have the default settings of the browser.

For Microsoft Edge, please follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (...) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies andsaved website data, and
      Cached data and files then click Clear.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11

Problem accessing some websites with Internet Explorer 11 and Edge

Hi John,

There are several possible reasons why you are having issues with accessing website using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10. It can be because of changes made or corrupted system files.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to access websites using Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge? Can you send a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11

1. mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11 - Similar Threads - mircosoft edge internet

2. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  3. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  4. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  5. Cursor dissappears in Edge and Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor dissappears in Edge and Internet Explorer: Today, I noticed that my cursor/pointer dissappears whenever I'm using a Microsoft browser. As soon as I scroll, the cursor dissappears. Then I have to swipe the touchpad again to get it to show up again. This does not happen in the Chrome browser or any other application on...
  6. Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer, Edge and Favourites.: I use IE and Edge mainly because some sites do not seem to work well in IE now. I like IE and have a hundred or more favourites saved in folders. I recently imported these to Edge but I have a small problem. If I save a new favourite to IE I then have to repeat the process in...
  7. Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: Today, we’re announcing our intent to disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in supported versions of Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in the first half of 2020.This change, alongside similar announcements from other browser vendors, supports...
  8. Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11: Greetings everyone: When going to the following page, there is a video, it plays in Chrome but not Internet Explorer 11 or Edge, anyone knows what plug-in is actually used and how to fix it as it's the same reason moji's are not playing in skype....
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support for the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in 2016, as there is consensus across the industry that RC4 is no longer cryptographically secure. Today, we are releasing KB3151631 with the August 9,...