Windows 10: Mircrosoft office products wiped off home computer after update

Discus and support Mircrosoft office products wiped off home computer after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We had an update a few weeks ago, and after the update was completed we noticed that the office products were completely wiped from our home computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TerryO'Neill1, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Mircrosoft office products wiped off home computer after update

We had an update a few weeks ago, and after the update was completed we noticed that the office products were completely wiped from our home computer. Why is that?

:)

TerryO'Neill1, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Kari Win User
    Kari, Sep 2, 2019
  3. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Mircrosoft office products wiped off home computer after update

Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Mircrosoft office products wiped off home computer after update

1. Mircrosoft office products wiped off home computer after update - Similar Threads - Mircrosoft office products

2. connecting computers in home office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting computers in home office: Ever since MS (in its infinite wisdom -- NOT!) did away with home group under Windows 10, we cannot get our computers in our home office to consistently talk to each other so that files can be shared. We "fix" it, but in a week or so, the connection goes away. HELP!!...
  3. Hard drive wipe after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive wipe after updates: Good evening, It seems that all of my files and settings are continuously wiped after all updates. In multiple instances, I have checked the "Windows.old" folder, but its most recent files date back to July of last year. I am running Windows 10 with Kali Linux as a virtual...
  4. Wiping computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wiping computer: I've been trying to wipe my computer for a few days now. Every time that I try doing it, it ends out wiping for about 10 minutes and proceeding to tell me that there was issues wiping my computer....
  5. Windows Update Wiped My Computer

Windows Update Wiped My Computer: I turned on my desktop yesterday and a Windows 10 update began to run automatically. When it was finished, it was as if my hard drive was formatted. Outlook, gone, TurboTax, gone, pictures, gone, documents gone. Everything was reset. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS MICROSOFT???...
  6. Update has wiped my entire computer

Update has wiped my entire computer: Looking for some help. I turned my computer on and it was mid update. Next time i've opened it up and gone to log in everything has gone! Literally the home screen is blank other than the recycling logo. The windows logo won't open anything. The only way i managed to get the...
  7. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...
  8. Clean wipe a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean wipe a computer: Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles. But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc....
  9. mircrosoft word not working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    mircrosoft word not working: hello I have a brand new hp note book, intel core I7, version 1607 Microsoft office home student 2016 onto my new laptop and after I installed it. the program said it was right to go. then when I go into Microsoft word it says Microsoft word has stopped working a...
  10. Product key after wiping

Product key after wiping: Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I have already activate window 10 ,but i know after wiping the hard-drive,i would have to reinstall window 10 20123