Windows 10: Mirror Hard Drive

Discus and support Mirror Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Part#26, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Part#26 Win User

Mirror Hard Drive

I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out.

I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out. Please help how can I resolve this?

:)

Part#26, Apr 21, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 21, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Mirror Hard Drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Mirror Hard Drive

1. Mirror Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Mirror Hard Drive

2. Clone/mirror Main Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone/mirror Main Drive: I have two of the exact same m.2 intel ssd drives. I previously had them in a raid 1 configuration controlled by the motherboard. That raid controller failed and now I am trying to have windows manage the clone for me. I tried to use the disk management tool to create a...
  3. Mirror Win 10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mirror Win 10 hard drive: Does windows 10 have a mirror hard drive program built in? I have a 1 terabyte USB drive available. I want the data to be portable. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-win-10-hard-drive/fd810406-f21b-4f74-b7eb-3b6bc0ba3839
  4. Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirrored drives in Storage Spaces: If I create a Storage Space and create mirrored drives, does Storage Spaces alert me if one drive fails, or would Windows allow me to continue using the system blindly until both drives fail?...
  5. Need help in setting up a mirror hard drive on my computer

Need help in setting up a mirror hard drive on my computer: This is a rather long request. Please bear with me. Steps Taken to Attempt Mirroring Drive Preamble I have a Dell XPS 8930 Desktop computer with a 2 TB hard drive. I have recently added a second 2 TB hard drive that I would like to act as a mirror RAID 1 for the...
  6. Files Mirrored on One Drive, from Hard Drive

Files Mirrored on One Drive, from Hard Drive: My One drive exactly mirrors the files viewed on my hard drive. If I add / delete files on my hard drive, so to does my one drive reflect the same. How then can I delete files on my hard drive to save disk space, yet only leaving important files on my one drive not mirrored...
  7. Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives: As a precaution, I have all of my school work saved in 3 locations. One external 4 TB HDD, one internal 1 TB NVMe SSD on my desktop and an external 256 SSD (I carry this with me should I need to work using my laptop). I'm trying to figure out a way to auto-update the folders...
  8. How to mirror Boot Hard Drive for UEFI on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to mirror Boot Hard Drive for UEFI on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]This guide walks you through steps which will help you mirror Boot Hard drive on Windows (Legacy or UEFI). It is useful when the primary hard drive fails and will help you boot from the secondary drive. Just before we [...] This post How to mirror Boot Hard...
  9. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  10. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...