Windows 10: Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives

Discus and support Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As a precaution, I have all of my school work saved in 3 locations. One external 4 TB HDD, one internal 1 TB NVMe SSD on my desktop and an external 256... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bunk_bro, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives

As a precaution, I have all of my school work saved in 3 locations. One external 4 TB HDD, one internal 1 TB NVMe SSD on my desktop and an external 256 SSD (I carry this with me should I need to work using my laptop). I'm trying to figure out a way to auto-update the folders when plug the externals into the desktop.

Example: Say I type out a paper on my laptop while at work and I save it to the small SSD. When I get home and plug the SSD into my desktop, the homework folder on my desktop NVMe SSD automatically updates its contents to match the external SSD and updates the contents of the backup on the HDD.

Is something like this possible? Or do I have to keep doing this manually?

Thank you in advance!

submitted by /u/bunk_bro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bunk_bro, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 20, 2020
  3. External Hard Drive

I am using a new desktop with Windows 10/Mozilla-Firefox Browser.....

External Iomega hard drive backup....Model LDHD320-U

I am having a problem accessing some files in the Iomega backup.

Problem #1:

Am not getting the "menu" window that gives all the options with the external hard driv

The following are the steps that I have taken to use the external hard drive:

Plug in Iomega external hard drive....

My Windows "File Explorer" recognizes the hard drive....

Clicking on the Iomega Drive brings up my file folders....

Brings up: Administrator

My name

Click on "my name"

Lists: "Desktop"

"Favorites"

"My Documents"

Double Click on "My Documents" brings up total list of those "files"

Some of the files are "defined" (on left side of list) with pic of a "file" folder.

Some are defined by, "Adobe Reader" symbol

Some are defined by, "Word" symbol

I can open successfully the "Adobe Reader" and "Word" files ok.

(I have Microsoft Office 2013 installed)
    The others with symbol of a plain file folder produces this small window error:

"Windows Script Host"
    Code: 800A1391
    Window is undefined

Tried looking up the error code above and don't understand squat......

Thank you...

<Moved to appropriate board>

Bert Canepa, Apr 20, 2020
  4. twynog Win User

Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives

1. Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives - Similar Threads - Mirror homework folders

2. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  3. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  4. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  6. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems: I've been having problems with my disk being 100% randomly and i've tried all the fixes from changing virtual memory, stopping services like sysmain and windows search and installing new drivers none of them have fixed the problem so im thinking about changing hard drive i...
  7. Will plugging in a external hard drive help internal hard drive problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  9. external hard drive folders

external hard drive folders: I use an external hard drive for storage, and sleep mode was closing all open folders and files. I set "USB selective suspend setting" under Power Management to "Disabled", and now in sleep mode FILES stay open but FOLDERS are still closed which is pretty annoying. My...
  10. Disconnect internal hard drive externally

Disconnect internal hard drive externally: Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd. Ron 98831