Windows 10: Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive

Discus and support Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HelloI have 2 M.2 SSD in my laptopOne 512GB Two 1TB512GB is the C:\ bootI want to boot and run Windows of the 1TB because it’s nearly twice as fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaborAranyi, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive

HelloI have 2 M.2 SSD in my laptopOne 512GB Two 1TB512GB is the C:\ bootI want to boot and run Windows of the 1TB because it’s nearly twice as fast read as the 512GBBest way to mirror image my 512GB to the 1TB please?Does Windows backup mirror image or does it just create a file that contains the backup?Any help please.Thanks

:)

GaborAranyi, Sep 4, 2021

2. windows 10 and Carbonite Mirror Image

Your problem can be fixed by using elevated command prompt

and using disk partition command

disk part

then --- list disk

--- select disk x (the disk number of the mirror image drive)

--- clean

then go into disk management and create a partition and format the drive

Disconnect the drive, reconnect it and go to Carbonites info center settings

and tell Carbonite mirror image to select the drive. It will erase the drive and

will now back up.

If you cannot understand diskpart, you can just use another drive to satisfy

Carbonite. It is not a Windows 10 issue. I had just upgraded from W 8.1 and

the mirror image on the drive is not usable because it is not Windows 10.

GeorgeSmithDr, Sep 4, 2021
  3. ephonk Win User
    Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive

I had a Win 10 system working fine with twin 1 TB drives setup in an Windows controlled mirror, as drive F:.

Then my boot drive failed. I had to replace it and reinstall Win 10 from scratch. I have been unable to reintroduce my mirrored drives to it.

In Disk Management they show up as disks 3 & 4, Dynamic, 3725.90 GB, Online. But in the partition part of the view it reads "Failed". They are not in any way accessible.

What the heck happened here? I contacted Microsoft support and was told "mirroring is not within our scope of support since that concerns harddrive and hardware part of the pc". Is drive mirroring an unsupported feature? How do I recover the data?

ephonk, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive

Windows 10 (64): Mirroring the boot drive

My boot drive (CMirror Image Win 10 to other Drive :) is 111.79GB SSD drive. I have another SSD, but is 256GB.

I would like to mirror the boot drive to the second SSD and then make use of the remainder as a work area. Is this possible? Are there any gotcha’s or things that I should watch out for?

Can someone also please detail the steps to accomplish this? When this is done, can I boot off either partition? I believe the second location be added to the list of items to try and boot from in the BIOS. Please confirm this.

I tried mirroring but stopped when I received the following warning message………..

Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive 85f08068-452d-4517-8789-9ff692e6f1c0.png

Don’t want to destroy something or have to re-install the OS and the applications.

My disks look like the below and would like to use disk 5 to mirror disk 2 and the remainder as a work area:

Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive dac9620a-3f01-42db-8843-6832927e871d.png

PradeepSubramaniam, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive

1. Mirror Image Win 10 to other Drive - Similar Threads - Mirror Image Drive

2. mirror image on camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mirror image on camera: I have Windows 11 on my HP Envyx360 laptop. My computer camera switched to mirror image and I cannot figure out how to change it back. The camera is HP Wide Vision HD Control. I tried disabling and enabling but it didn't work. I looked under settings but don't see any control...
  3. mirror image on camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mirror image on camera: I have Windows 11 on my HP Envyx360 laptop. My computer camera switched to mirror image and I cannot figure out how to change it back. The camera is HP Wide Vision HD Control. I tried disabling and enabling but it didn't work. I looked under settings but don't see any control...
  4. Mirror Win 10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mirror Win 10 hard drive: Does windows 10 have a mirror hard drive program built in? I have a 1 terabyte USB drive available. I want the data to be portable. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-win-10-hard-drive/fd810406-f21b-4f74-b7eb-3b6bc0ba3839
  5. mirror image

mirror image: upgraded from window 7 to windows 10, how do I make a mirror image of windows 10 and all my programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-image/71c1d86e-2586-45ea-a1ff-94d582045196
  6. Full mirror image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full mirror image: Hey everybody I was wondering that is it possiable to backup a mirror image of my pc in a external drive...which includes everything from my settings, apps, programs, start menu settings, my os etc. If there is a short guide would be awesome...thanks in advance submitted by...
  7. reverse mirror image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reverse mirror image: In Paint for Windows10, how do I obtain a mirror left to right reverse image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-mirror-image/85029f91-5d17-466e-9f3d-4b2bc069dc09
  8. Webcam Mirrored Image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Mirrored Image: How do I change webcam image from a mirror image to a corrected image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-mirrored-image/f7f1ebdf-3fa5-4e02-9fbd-bd1ef441bdb4
  9. Windows 10: Mirror Image

Windows 10: Mirror Image: I just purchased a Seagate external storage. I wanted to make a mirror image that is a choice on my Seagate, but it doesn't work. Did windows 10 discontinue the mirror image. If so my new Seagate is not backing up all of my PC files. Any work around ideas on this subject?...
  10. Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive: I had a Win 10 system working fine with twin 1 TB drives setup in an Windows controlled mirror, as drive F:. Then my boot drive failed. I had to replace it and reinstall Win 10 from scratch. I have been unable to reintroduce my mirrored drives to it. In Disk Management they...