Windows 10: Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts

Discus and support Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I will reinstall a desktop PC that I haven't used for ages and I am also using a laptop. As my wife and/or kids also use the laptop from time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SanderSchuringa, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts

Hi,

I will reinstall a desktop PC that I haven't used for ages and I am also using a laptop. As my wife and/or kids also use the laptop from time to time and often at the same times, I would like to find out if it is possible to 'mirror' the desktop and laptop.

In other words, if I make a change on the desktop save a picture, document or remove files, the same happens on the laptop. But also if I change the desktop background or make changes on one of the Sticky Notes we use for example... So would that be mirroring or cloning perhaps?

I am sure Microsoft has such a feature! :

Thanks in advance

Sander

- Using Windows 10 on both machines

:)

SanderSchuringa, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 10, 2021
  3. screen mirroring

Hi Hatty,

There is a way for you to control the remote screen whenever you are trying to mirror it from one device to another. To provide you an appropriate solution, please provide us the following information:

• Which device are you using to mirror on your laptop?
    • Are you using an app to mirror the device on your laptop?
    • Are you able to use your mouse and keyboard on your laptop even if you are not playing a game while mirroring it from a device?

If you haven't tried to use your mouse outside a game while projecting to the PC, you may follow the steps below to allow your mouse and keyboard to control the remote screen:

• Open Action Center.
    • Click the Connect button.
    • Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    • Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
      option as necessary.

Loraine Mon, Mar 10, 2021
  4. tfwul Win User

Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts

How do you mirror folders from desktop to laptop?

Both desktop and laptop are running Windows 10 x64.

Most of the personal folders (on PC and laptop) have an identical structure .
    The folders on my PC are the 'source' (base), i.e. the folders on the laptop should be a mirror of the folders on PC.

Right now, I use a backup tool to mirror the 'PC-folders' to an external SSD (Samsung T5).
    Then connect the drive to the laptop using Beyond Compare to show the differences and subsequently mirror the folders from the SSD onto the laptop.

I tried using backup software that would sync folders via a network. Basically this works. However, the software estimated it would run for 10 hours or so... So, after a couple of hours I cancelled the task, it wasn't really a success, considering the time required. This is whilst using a fast fibre connection.

Question to those having the same situation: how do you handle this?
    How do you mirror folders from desktop onto laptop?

Thanks.

tfwul, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts

1. Mirror or cloning Personal Laptop and Desktop Accounts - Similar Threads - Mirror cloning Personal

2. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.: Hello Everyone,Due to a FedEx shipping software I updated on my current work computer with current employer, I was prompted to sign on using a Microsoft user name and password that was used on a previous work laptop computer with another employer. The second I logged in, I...
  3. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.: Hello Everyone,Due to a FedEx shipping software I updated on my current work computer with current employer, I was prompted to sign on using a Microsoft user name and password that was used on a previous work laptop computer with another employer. The second I logged in, I...
  4. Work Laptop Desktop Mirroring Previous Employers Desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Is it possible to have a personal and a business account on the same desktop in Windows 10 Professional? Would appreciate any comments/suggestions on how to set this up. Tx...
  6. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Is it possible to have a personal and a business account on the same desktop in Windows 10 Professional? Would appreciate any comments/suggestions on how to set this up. Tx...
  7. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Can you have a personal account and a business account on the same desktop? If so, what is the best way to set this up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-and-business-account-on-same-desktop/d3e33216-b9d8-44eb-b234-0436a59abf0b
  8. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Can you have a personal account and a business account on the same desktop? If so, what is the best way to set this up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-and-business-account-on-same-desktop/d3e33216-b9d8-44eb-b234-0436a59abf0b
  9. Clone/mirror Main Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone/mirror Main Drive: I have two of the exact same m.2 intel ssd drives. I previously had them in a raid 1 configuration controlled by the motherboard. That raid controller failed and now I am trying to have windows manage the clone for me. I tried to use the disk management tool to create a...
  10. mirror account

mirror account: Dear Sir/Madam, having suspect of hacked computer, being very slow, I was wondering if someone can use my account without my permission or knowledge? I have found installed Teamviewer app in PC., Found it is for sharing files. I am not IT, just thinking in a bit sci-fi...