Windows 10: Mirror or sync folders on separate drives?

Discus and support Mirror or sync folders on separate drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does Windows 10 home have a built in function where you can automatically have the contents of a folder mirrored to another folder on another drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g725s, Dec 20, 2019.

1. g725s Win User

Mirror or sync folders on separate drives?

Does Windows 10 home have a built in function where you can automatically have the contents of a folder mirrored to another folder on another drive?

:)

g725s, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the problem when the I finally saw the message saying that it was re-synching (can't remember if that is the exact word used in the interface).

Anyway, I noticed today that the drives were now separate and not working as a mirror... glad nothing happened in the meantime. I am really irritated that my upgrade broke the mirror... but such is life (and Microsoft) I guess. So I deleted the volume that was not up to date hoping to recreate the mirror. However, things don't appear to work the same as they did in Windows 7. How do a create a mirror of an existing drive? I was able to do that in Windows 7.

The drive is probably around 5 years old so I need to get this done ASAP (I don't remember exactly when I bought it but it is my oldest drive). I need to re-mirror the partitions. Any help would be appreciated.

primem0ver, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Asylum Win User

How do I sync a folder between 2 PCs?

Just simply drag and drop music folder on to drive you want it on and it will sync and copy it to that drive...and the music folder will remain where it was!!

Asylum, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Mirror or sync folders on separate drives? - Similar Threads - Mirror sync folders

2. One Drive folder sync question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive folder sync question: Hi there,I am working on a Windows desktop with One Drive installed. I use it to move stuff between my desktop and my laptop which I use infrequently. However, the two devices have different folder architecture. So my question:On my desktop, I have a virtual drive D:, on...
  3. Syncing folders to an external drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing folders to an external drive: I want an app that can sync some of my folders on my primary drive into an external drive. I already use Google Drive Sync to make copies on the cloud but I also want something local. I have tried the sync feature on AOMEI Backupper Pro which was exactly what I needed; I was...
  4. Duplicate Folder on Separate Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folder on Separate Drive: I have a folder on my C drive desktop. I want to save a copy of all my work that goes into that folder, into a duplicate folder on my D drive. I want it to be seamless without having to manually copy everything from C to D drive each day. Something like an auto backup....
  5. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  6. Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives

Mirror homework folders on internal and external hard drives: As a precaution, I have all of my school work saved in 3 locations. One external 4 TB HDD, one internal 1 TB NVMe SSD on my desktop and an external 256 SSD (I carry this with me should I need to work using my laptop). I'm trying to figure out a way to auto-update the folders...
  7. SEPARATE DRIVES

SEPARATE DRIVES: Hello r/Windows10! My PC currently has 1 HDD running Windows 10. I would like to add another hard drive to encrypt private information. I would like the drive to be inaccessible by my current version of Windows and the drive should have its own OS that I can boot into from...
  8. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  9. Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync a folder not in Documents to One Drive: I have a folder not in my user/documents folder that I would like to sync to One Drive. So far, I've not been able to figure out how to do that. Actually the folder is not on the C: drive but on D:. I really need some help. Thank you. 89308
  10. One Drive Sync Folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive Sync Folders.: I noticed in quick access that one drive has folders in documents & pictures folder, but not in video and music folders. In one drive folder I do have pictures and videos in those folders. So why are they not synced in quick access. Henry [img] 72640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you mirror folders on different drives