Windows 10: Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.

Discus and support Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello team, I have a laptop with resolution 1366 x 768, then I want to mirror this to an HD TV. The problem I have is that when I plug the HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RodValenz, Mar 9, 2020.

1. RodValenz Win User

Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.

Hello team,

I have a laptop with resolution 1366 x 768, then I want to mirror this to an HD TV. The problem I have is that when I plug the HDMI cable, the TV shows the screen in a small square and a huge gray border since the TV 1920 x 1080 in the optimal resolution I tested leaving the TV as the only display.

When I do an extended screen I can select the resolution for the laptop and TV separately, but when I do mirror the setting shows the resolution combined as 1/2 and since the primary considered by the OS is the laptop's screen, the resolution is limited to 1366 x 768.

How can I mirror in 1920 x 1080? This size is not listed.

:)

RodValenz, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Sam_W67 Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

I own a Windows 10 laptop with a 14 inch screen at a resolution of 1366x768 pixels. When I mirror my screen to an HD TV or a monitor with a higher resolution than my laptop, the resolution of the mirrored screen still matches the resolution of my laptop.
    Is there any way to make the TVs resolution of my mirrored screen match the TVs actual resolution?

Sam_W67, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.

screen mirroring

Hi Hatty,

There is a way for you to control the remote screen whenever you are trying to mirror it from one device to another. To provide you an appropriate solution, please provide us the following information:

• Which device are you using to mirror on your laptop?
    • Are you using an app to mirror the device on your laptop?
    • Are you able to use your mouse and keyboard on your laptop even if you are not playing a game while mirroring it from a device?

If you haven't tried to use your mouse outside a game while projecting to the PC, you may follow the steps below to allow your mouse and keyboard to control the remote screen:

• Open Action Center.
    • Click the Connect button.
    • Click the name of the device you're trying to project.
    • Check the Allow input from a keyboard or mouse connected to this display
      option as necessary.

Loraine Mon, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.

1. Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen. - Similar Threads - Mirror screen higher

2. screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen mirroring: How do I do this from and HP desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/41f3728f-4c40-46f1-b6d7-5821b5d23172
  3. Cannot set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768: Hello, I have a Asus TUF GAMING FX504 TUF GAMING FX504GD_FX80GD. I can't set a screen resolution higher than 1366x768 since three months. The higher options are not showing up on the dropdown list in the settings. I'm sure this laptop should be able to have HD resolution......
  4. screen mirroring

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screen mirroring: how do I connect my Windows 10 laptop to a Roku 3 player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/c2181bce-895a-4317-b706-1527be94ba11
  5. Screen Mirroring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Mirroring: Hey guys : I am trying to get an app on my android phone to show on my pc laptop. I've enabled Bluetooth on both, installed Your Phone on both, accepted all pairing, allowed all connections, and basically tried eveeything else i can think of. Screen Mirroring does not...
  6. screen mirroring

screen mirroring: how can i mirror my laptop screen over my smart tv wireless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/6a0a2e3b-2b81-4efe-8b43-b540d2213d14
  7. screen mirroring

screen mirroring: Having trouble steaming my laptop screen onto my TV (via ROKU plugged into TV with HDMI). Very hit and miss - much more miss than hit. Even abysmal when laptop 6" from ROKU....
  8. Screen Mirroring

Screen Mirroring: Can Window 10 on a laptop running movies, etc. screen mirror with a Samsung Smart TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring/d3b58bbe-c253-4e15-8900-f3bf38e08cbe
  9. Screen Mirroring

Screen Mirroring: Can Window 10 on a laptop running movies, etc. screen mirror with a Samsung Smart TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/screen-mirroring/d3b58bbe-c253-4e15-8900-f3bf38e08cbe
  10. Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with...

Accidentally set the higher screen resolution in window 10 and screen blacked out with...: I was just playing around with some resolution setting in my window 10 pc .I accidentally set the screen resolution to higher than available and now the screen says out of range error and all i see is black screen with this error. And i am having trouble to reach safeboot...