Windows 10: Mirrored Volumes

Discus and support Mirrored Volumes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a Mirrored Volume in my PC - 2 x 4TB discs ( Win 10 Pro ). Can anyone tell me if I can have more than one pair of Mirrored Volumes ? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StuWard1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. StuWard1 Win User

Mirrored Volumes

Hi

I have a Mirrored Volume in my PC - 2 x 4TB discs ( Win 10 Pro ).

Can anyone tell me if I can have more than one pair of Mirrored Volumes ? I have another pair of 4TB discs that I would like to do this with.

If it is possible, is it the same process as the first one ?

I have not tried yet as I did not want to screw anything up before I had more information!

Thanks

:)

StuWard1, Aug 27, 2019

2. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The cause for Failed Redundancy would be that half, but not both halves, of a mirrored volume was imported. In Disk Management, the imported half of the mirrored volume receives Failed Redundancy status, while the disk that holds the
    half of the mirror that was not imported receives Missing status. You can import the Missing disk at a later time to restore redundancy.

The solution for Failed Redundancy is to move all disks that span this volume to the new computer at the same time, and then import all of the disks together.

The complete solution is giving in the section A mirrored volume's status is Data Not Redundant from
    Troubleshooting Disk Management.

You may also refer the section A dynamic disk's status is Offline or Missing from the above article and try the troubleshooting steps.

If you are still facing any issues related to Mirroring, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hard Disk Mirroring.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 27, 2019
  3. how Windows 10 mirroring using AMAZON Fire TV stick?

Hi,

Try this.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Action Centre.
    • Click on Connect.
    • PC will search and show which devices are available to mirror/cast.
    • Click on the device which you would like to mirror/cast.

Please do let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Mirrored Volumes

Mirroring function

Just to make sure that this issue doesn't only occur on your particular PC, have you tried mirroring a different PC to the same TV? Did the same issue occur?

Have you also tried mirroring on the same PC before? Did it work successfully? If yes, what were the recent changes made before mirroring failed to work?

To make sure that you got the right steps in projecting a wireless display with Miracast, you may check these steps:

• Turn ON the Miracast option if your TV comes with built-in Miracast support.
    • Press the Windows + I keys to go to
      Settings
    • Click Devices, then Connected Devices.
    • Click on "Add a Device" and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Her, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Mirrored Volumes

1. Mirrored Volumes - Similar Threads - Mirrored Volumes

2. Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume: I’m trying to make two disk drives, H Disk 4 and G Disk 5, into a mirrored volume. The two drives are both Seagate 5 TB drives. They have been previously used, then wiped clean of all previous data. They are shown in Disk Management as Basic, 4657.40 GB, and Online. Each...
  3. Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems creating a Mirrored Volume: I’m trying to make two disk drives, H Disk 4 and G Disk 5, into a mirrored volume. The two drives are both Seagate 5 TB drives. They have been previously used, then wiped clean of all previous data. They are shown in Disk Management as Basic, 4657.40 GB, and Online. Each...
  4. Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1: I am lost on this error. There doesn't seem to be any good answers so far in my search. I'm hoping there's a mirroring whiz on here!Situation:Have 512GB SSD with 2 partitions Disk 0 running Windows 10 Pro1: System Reserve partition at 100MB2: OS C: partition at 475GBx: Extra...
  5. Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1: I am lost on this error. There doesn't seem to be any good answers so far in my search. I'm hoping there's a mirroring whiz on here!Situation:Have 512GB SSD with 2 partitions Disk 0 running Windows 10 Pro1: System Reserve partition at 100MB2: OS C: partition at 475GBx: Extra...
  6. Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Mirrored Volume missing after reinstalling Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users are unable to find the mirrored volume they have created after reinstalling Windows 10 on their PC. In this guide, we have some solutions that can fix the issue where Mirrored Volume may be missing after reinstalling Windows 10. Basically, a mirrored volume...
  8. Mirroring a striped volume with another drive

Mirroring a striped volume with another drive: Hello everyone. I have 3 drives: two 1TB drives and one 2TB drive. I currently have a striped volume setup for the two 1TB drives. I am wondering: is there a way to mirror the striped volume with my 2TB drive? I am realizing that this is likely not possible with Windows Disk...
  9. mirrored volume for file redundancy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mirrored volume for file redundancy: I am trying to set up a mirrored volume for file redundancy. Can you use the computers hard drive plus a hard drive or do you need 2 extra hard drives. I have tried unsuccessfully to set up a mirrored drive with 1 extra hard drive. I have followed instructions but cannot get...
  10. Does "Mirrored Volume" work over network?

Does "Mirrored Volume" work over network?: I'm talking about mirrored volumes as described here: How to set up a mirrored volume for file redundancy on Windows 10 | Windows Central (I searched TenForums for an equivalent tutorial but didn't find one.) I ask this question for two scenarios: 1) If I have two hard...