Windows 10: mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different

Discus and support mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 screens which are the same, and continue one another (move your mouse to the right of one, you get to the other one) I also have a third... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gitrikt, Jun 3, 2020.

1. mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different

I have 2 screens which are the same, and continue one another (move your mouse to the right of one, you get to the other one)

I also have a third monitor, which is actually a TV screen. I only open it when I watch stuff from netflix, and it's connected with HDMI to my PC (just like a third screen).

however, because it's a TV it times out and closes when I don't use it, which ends up messing up my desktop icons (I allign them in order and whenever I open the TV screen they get messed up since a new screen is open)

also sometimes when I open google chrome it opens in the third screen and I have to move it (which I can't do since that screen is actually closed).

I tried to mirror screens 1 and 3, but the problem is the tv screen is a different resolution, different refresh rate, etc. they both get 720p 60hz when i mirror, which is not what I want.

Is there anyway to keep my main monitor 1440p 144z while keeping my mirrored TV at its highest resolution? (720p 60hz) or are they bound to be the same resolution

submitted by /u/gitrikt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gitrikt, Jun 3, 2020

2. Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions

I ran into a similar problem, until I discovered that if I set the display properties to Extended (in Project), then I could set the TV resolution to something different than the laptop screen resolution --because the screen was not mirrored anymore.

Also, the default text sizing was 150% for the second display, so when I dragged a Window to it, the contained text vanished. By setting the default text sizing to 100% for both displays, when I dragged the video window to the desktop on the TV, the text did not change size.

Mark Phelps, Jun 3, 2020
  3. RodValenz Win User
    Mirror screen to a higher resolution screen.

Hello team,

I have a laptop with resolution 1366 x 768, then I want to mirror this to an HD TV. The problem I have is that when I plug the HDMI cable, the TV shows the screen in a small square and a huge gray border since the TV 1920 x 1080 in the optimal resolution
    (I tested leaving the TV as the only display).

When I do an extended screen I can select the resolution for the laptop and TV separately, but when I do mirror the setting shows the resolution combined as 1/2 and since the primary considered by the OS is the laptop's screen, the resolution is limited
    to 1366 x 768.

How can I mirror in 1920 x 1080? This size is not listed.

RodValenz, Jun 3, 2020
  4. mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different

Miracast mirroring different resolution screens

Hello, I’m investigating using my Surface Pro 3 as an external touchscreen monitor mirroring the main monitor of my system.
    When I set it up, it was quite nice to use the Surface to touch navigate my much bigger main monitor.
    Unfortunately, my monitor is 4K and when set to mirror the Surface Pro3, it drops down to the surface’s resolution which is about half that.

Is there any way for the monitors to mirror while keeping the 4k monitor at full resolution?

BrendanKOD, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different

1. mirroring a second (third) display as my first, even though resolutions are different - Similar Threads - mirroring second third

2. Issue in Extended display with different resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in Extended display with different resolution: I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2. I am extending my laptop display of resolution 1080p with another monitor with resolution 1440p with extended display set as main display.When the laptop display and the extended display are turned off due to inactivity...
  3. third monitor is displaying the same as my first

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    third monitor is displaying the same as my first: Hi! so i am on a laptop and i was able to connect 2 monitors to my computer so i just use the laptop for a system not a display source. but when i tried to hook a thrid one up it just shows the same as the first one, and when i press extend , my mouse stops moving and it...
  4. third monitor is displaying the same as my first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    third monitor is displaying the same as my first: Hi! so i am on a laptop and i was able to connect 2 monitors to my computer so i just use the laptop for a system not a display source. but when i tried to hook a thrid one up it just shows the same as the first one, and when i press extend , my mouse stops moving and it...
  5. third monitor is displaying the same as my first

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My second monitor is not detecting but is mirroring my primary display

My second monitor is not detecting but is mirroring my primary display: About 10 minutes ago, both of my monitors went black and I restarted my computer which fixed the issue until I logged in and saw that my second monitor was mirroring my first. I went to the display setting to find that only one of my monitors was being detected, yet they were...
  7. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a secondmonitor to help me with work and studies, I use a VGA splitter witch goes froma VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors, and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, I tried looking for solutions on youtube, butit didn't help that why...
  8. Extend Display to second and third monitors

Extend Display to second and third monitors: Hi, I have always been able to extend my display but now it seems I cannot. Have tried all the usual, swapping a new screen, trying to connect with new cable, using a different location none of which works. Other people can plug into my screens and extend their displays but...
  9. My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.: My graphics card only has 1 HDMI output and I used an HDMI splitter which has two monitor extended mode support in order to get around this issue. In settings, my second monitor which is a small VIZIO TV is not detected but it is mirroring my first monitor. I have looked at...
  10. Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor Not Accurate on Second / Third Display: I just got a new Laptop from work and our helpdesk can't seem to resolve the issue. I have two external DVI connected monitors to my Dell D6000 USB Dock. I use the laptop display as well in the middle right below the other two monitors. When my pointer is on the laptop...