Windows 10: Mirroring Desktop on PC Windows 10 to a smart TV via ethernet cables network.

Discus and support Mirroring Desktop on PC Windows 10 to a smart TV via ethernet cables network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having just installed windows 10 successfully and have linked my PC with a local smart TV via an HDMI cable, I would now like to achieve the same to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GregoireGR, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Mirroring Desktop on PC Windows 10 to a smart TV via ethernet cables network.

Having just installed windows 10 successfully and have linked my PC with a local smart TV via an HDMI cable, I would now like to achieve the same to another remote smart TV which is also on the network. I can see the video files on the PC from the TV BUT I cannot yet transmit from the PC via ethernet as I am able to do via a direct HDMI cable. Both TVs are visible on the network and have their network addresses. What else do I need to do to achieve this without running an enormous HDMI cable directly to the second device - which seems absurd? Advice appreciated. (I do not have WiFi on my PC which could be an add on but as everything is networked by ethernet through the router it seems unnecessary to revert to WiFi.)

:)

GregoireGR, Aug 16, 2019

2. Connect a desktop pc to a Samsung smart tv

I'm trying to connect a older Desktop pc with Window 10 to my Samsung f8000 smart tv via wifi or LAN. My desktop pc is ethernet cabled to the Sky home hub and the smart tv ethernet cabled to the hub as well. My smart tv appears in the connected devices
    list but it doesn't seem to connecting, is it because I need a wireless dongle??

Jonny Strange, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Connect Windows 10 PC to Smart TV

Multimedia files can be projected/played on a Smart TV from a Windows 10 PC by the following methods:

1. Casting (Media Streaming): Send media from a device to play on another device in real time.

2. Mirroring (Screen Projection): The media displayed on the screen of a device is replicated on the display screen of another device in real time. In essence, the video-out port of the sender device is connected
    to the video-in port of the receiver device.

3. DLNA (Media Sharing): Media is streamed from a server device on request from a client device which plays the streamed media in real time.

1. Casting: This is the easiest method to play a multimedia from a PC on to a Smart TV called Smart as they have an Operating System. However file formats supported for casting are limited to MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV
    for video and MP3, WMA, WAV for audio. The audio system of the TV can either be built-in or externally connected to a Hi-fi system.

The Cast setup requires that (i) the PC and the Smart TV are connected to the same Home WiFi network (ii) Network discovery And File sharing are enabled on your currently active network profile (Private / Public) through Control
    Panel > Networking and Sharing Centre > Change advanced sharing settings (on left panel).

Just as networking needs to be configured on the PC, similarly networking has to be configured on the Smart TV through the Settings menu, to either establish a peer-to-peer dedicated communication path Or inter-connect by hooking
    up to a common access point. As with any operating system, a network once created on a Smart TV, persists as the default network until a new network is created.

To play a video, Open File Explorer on the PC, right click on the video file and from the shortcut menu choose Cast to Device > Smart TV (name). It may take some time for the PC to search for the TV on the network before displaying
    its name on the shortcut menu.

Select the TV name on the shortcut menu and the media will automatically start playing on the TV, with the Cast Window for media control appearing on the PC. You can use the PC for other work by minimising the Cast Window while
    the media continue to play on the TV.

Once a TV is successfully linked to a PC, the TV-name gets registered in the Devices list under Windows Settings and the TV-name will be readily available thereafter in the Cast to Device menu.

On Windows 10, Casting is the simplest and most formidable choice for playing multimedia files from PC to any TV where a simple WiFi networking is the only requirement.

2. Mirroring / Screen Projection:
    Screen Mirroring allows the PC to project its Screen to a Smart TV just like using an overhead projector. Miracast must be available on the PC for wireless screen projection. Windows installs Miracast only on a capable hardware. To determine Miracast support,
    press Windows Key + P on the PC keyboard to open the Project action bar (Charms Menu) which must contain the link "Connect to a wireless display" at the bottom. Miracast is not available on the PC if the link is not seen on the action bar.

The Screen Projection setup requires that (i) Miracast is available on the PC and supported on the TV (ii) the PC and the Smart TV are connected to the same Home WiFi network (iii) Mirroring is enabled on the Smart TV (iv) the Signal source for the TV is set
    to the Mirroring port. Even then a wireless connection to the TV may not be possible as it depends on the TV's Mirror function to support Windows Wireless Display protocol over Miracast.

There are two definite ways to establish Screen Mirroring if Miracast in not available on the PC Or not supported by the TV. One is the Wired method of connection by a HDMI cable between the HDMI port of PC and the HDMI port of
    TV, provided the TV and the PC are in close proximity. Set the Signal source for the TV to the HDMI port where the cable is attached. Press Windows Key + P on the PC keyboard to invoke the Project action bar / Charms menu and choose the Duplicate option to
    simultaneously display the PC screen on to the TV.

The second method is a proprietary WiFi Direct connection that requires a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to be connected to the HDMI port of the TV. The USB end of the adapter must connect to an USB port - preferably the one
    on the TV set, to draw power. The adapter serves to establish a peer-to-peer WiFi Direct connection between the TV and PC without the need of a Router as an access point. Set the Signal source for the TV to the HDMI port where the adapter is attached. Press
    Windows Key + P on the PC keyboard to invoke the Project action bar / Charms menu and choose the adapter name to start mirroring the PC screen on to the TV. If the adapter name is not found on the Project action bar, ensure that you add the adapter within
    Devices of Windows Settings.

Unlike Casting, Screen Mirroring allows any type of file that displays on the PC screen to be projected on to the TV, be it a text document or a movie played from the DVD drive.

Mirroring requires dedicated utilisation of the network resources for data transmission between the PC and the TV and therefore the network cannot be used for any other purpose like accessing the internet.

3. DLNA: DLNA (Digital Living Networking Alliance) is the older standard for interoperability of digital multimedia devices. All participating devices must be DLNA certified to establish a network connection. Windows
    10 is DLNA certified and you have to ensure that DLNA is available on the Smart TV.

The DLNA network between a PC and a Smart TV can be set up through a wired Ethernet connection or a wireless WiFi connection. The DLNA framework for communication is constituted by the Windows 10 Library Folders of the user which
    is configured by design to be the Digital Media Server (DMS) for sourcing the media files. The TV acts a Digital Media Controller (DMC) for being able to access the media files from the DMS (PC), And as a Digital Media Player (DMP) capable of decoding the
    content for playing, And also as a Digital Media Renderer (DMR) to display the decoded contents on its screen.

DLNA services has to be explicitly enabled on a Windows 10 PC by opening the Control Panel > Networking and Sharing Centre > Media streaming options (on the left panel) > Turn on media streaming (button).

Mirroring Desktop on PC Windows 10 to a smart TV via ethernet cables network. 6514f344-8447-48e8-89ff-29fc81b01e9c?upload=true.png

On the media steaming options window (screenshot above), enter a name for the user's library folders on the PC and allow access to the TV-name appearing under the devices list on the Local network.

If the TV-name does not appear, first ensure that both the TV and PC are connected to the same local network. Then use the Cast to Device menu on any MP4 file to register the TV-name within the Devices list of Windows Settings and also to show up on the Media
    streaming options window.

Once enabled, DLNA services will automatically start everytime the PC is powered ON. To disable DLNA you need to open the Services applet by calling Run dialog (WinKey+R) and then entering services.msc in the dialog > scroll down
    on the Services applet and double click on "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" to open its Properties window > Stop the Service by clicking on the Stop button > change the Startup type to "Manual" from the drop-down > click OK and close the Services
    applet.

The DLNA network can be implemented in one of the following ways:

(i) Wired: A direct connection by an Ethernet Cross-Cable between the LAN (RJ-45) port of PC and the LAN (RJ-45) port of TV.

(ii) Wired: The PC and the TV connects to a Router by a normal Ethernet cable.

(iii) Wireless: The PC and the TV connects to a Router through WiFi.

(iv) Wireless: The PC connects to the TV via WiFi Direct Display dongle attached to the TV.

The direct Ethernet cross-cable connection is the most reliable and simplest method. The WiFi connection although simple can cause latency issues during DLNA operation.

Once the PC and TV establish a network path for mutual communication, the TV will automatically identify the PC as a DLNA server. If everything goes right, the PC-name will appear on the Device / Port list of the TV, generally
    accessible from its Home Screen.

Finally, the PC has to be chosen as the signal source for the TV from the input port list or the connected device list of the TV. The Windows 10 Library folders will display on the TV screen from which a media file can be selected for playing on the TV.

The Digital Media Player (DMP) module within the TV must provide native support to the media file format for playing on the TV, and this DMP which is built specific to every TV model defines all the types of media it can support.

Regards,

Sushovon Sinha, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Mirroring Desktop on PC Windows 10 to a smart TV via ethernet cables network.

Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

HI Britni, please inform me what are the makes and models of your laptop and the Smart TV.

I suggest that you try the following steps:

Connect your PC and TV in same network

Tap Start - Settings

Open Devices. On the left-side menu, select Connected devices

Tap Add a device

Tap on your TV follow the configuration

However sometimes it is enough to right click on the desktop and go to Display settings.

Martin Jenkinss, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Mirroring Desktop on PC Windows 10 to a smart TV via ethernet cables network.

1. Mirroring Desktop on PC Windows 10 to a smart TV via ethernet cables network. - Similar Threads - Mirroring Desktop smart

2. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  3. no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio from pc to smart tv via hdmi cable: Hi.My win11 mini pc no longer has audio whej connected to my toshiba smart tv via hdmi cable.It worked perfectly well 2 days ago, now its just stopped suddenly. It affects all aspects of the pc, every app, notification and media player.I have tried without success...Checked...
  4. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  5. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  6. Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display a desktop PC on a smart TV via HDMI: Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following issue: When my PC is plugged into my smart TV via HDMI, the TV does not display the PC. However, if before turning on the PC, I plug the PC into a monitor via Displayport, and keep the HDMI between the PC and...
  7. How to mirror pc on smart tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to mirror pc on smart tv: I have a Dell with windows 10 home edition. I want mirror the computer on a 2015 Samsung Smart TV. Can i do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mirror-pc-on-smart-tv/2b2b9586-509b-4b63-af81-dcefcd720f8a
  8. Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

Mirror laptop screen to smart TV: I want to connect my laptop and smart TV wirelessly. I followed recommendations and the devices recognize each other but don’t connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-laptop-screen-to-smart-tv/15a5d2dd-4ac3-4c31-8720-0c8e324365fd
  9. mirroring to my smart tv

mirroring to my smart tv: How can I mirror my Microsoft laptop wireless to my Samsung smart tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mirroring-to-my-smart-tv/ed746f49-88e4-4c57-b60e-9f596ec3e35f
  10. Desktop PC on Network cannot mirror to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop PC on Network cannot mirror to TV: Hi, Tried most everything, including the tutorials and nothing works. Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, build 16299.19. Connect or Project does not find my TV, which is however listed in devices, and can cast media files to it! DxDiag shows "Miracast: Available, with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stream from pc to tv via ethernet

2. Mirror PC screen to TV via ethernet

3. stream pc tv via ethernet

4. cast pc screen ethernet cable,
  5. stream pc to tv via ethernet,
  6. connect tv to pc via ethernet,
  7. how to mirror windows 10 to wired network tv,
  8. Windows 10 screen mirroring over Ethernet,
  9. mirroring pc to tv via eathernet,
  10. dmr tv pc mirror windows 10,
  11. can you mirror a windows desktop pc screen to a tv if the pc is cpnnected to through ethernet