Windows 10: Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

Discus and support Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by primem0ver, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the problem when the I finally saw the message saying that it was re-synching (can't remember if that is the exact word used in the interface).

Anyway, I noticed today that the drives were now separate and not working as a mirror... glad nothing happened in the meantime. I am really irritated that my upgrade broke the mirror... but such is life (and Microsoft) I guess. So I deleted the volume that was not up to date hoping to recreate the mirror. However, things don't appear to work the same as they did in Windows 7. How do a create a mirror of an existing drive? I was able to do that in Windows 7.

The drive is probably around 5 years old so I need to get this done ASAP (I don't remember exactly when I bought it but it is my oldest drive). I need to re-mirror the partitions. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

primem0ver, Nov 8, 2018

2. Mirroring function

Just to make sure that this issue doesn't only occur on your particular PC, have you tried mirroring a different PC to the same TV? Did the same issue occur?

Have you also tried mirroring on the same PC before? Did it work successfully? If yes, what were the recent changes made before mirroring failed to work?

To make sure that you got the right steps in projecting a wireless display with Miracast, you may check these steps:

• Turn ON the Miracast option if your TV comes with built-in Miracast support.
    • Press the Windows + I keys to go to
      Settings
    • Click Devices, then Connected Devices.
    • Click on "Add a Device" and wait for the adapter to appear in the list. Click on the receiving adapter.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Her, Nov 8, 2018
  3. How to create new user account that mirrors an existing user account

I want to create a new user account that mirrors an existing user account in Windows 10 Pro. The new user account would have same access as the mirrored account.

DanielKettler, Nov 8, 2018
  4. David-Ox Win User

Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

Mirrored drives

Windows 10 does not recognize Windows 7 mirrored drives. Is there a way to correct this without reverting to Windows 7 to un-mirror the drives and re-installing Windows 10?

David-Ox, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

1. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive - Similar Threads - Mirroring Issues Create

2. Can't create mirrored drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create mirrored drives: I've been trying to create mirrored drives using two Seagate 5 TB drives Disks 4 & 5 that have the same available space. All goes well until I get to the very last step and I get the error message "The operation is not supported by the object." Is there something I'm doing...
  3. Can't create mirrored drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create mirrored drives: I've been trying to create mirrored drives using two Seagate 5 TB drives Disks 4 & 5 that have the same available space. All goes well until I get to the very last step and I get the error message "The operation is not supported by the object." Is there something I'm doing...
  4. Screen mirroring issues

Screen mirroring issues: I contacted roku on this issue and they suggested I contacted you guys.Okay, everything, I have tried on making my Roku 4k Express come up on my computer againAs in Bluetooth finding it it won't, but it now will not allow me to mirror the screen/cast, etc. Can you...
  5. Create a Mirroring for existing volumesay F: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create a Mirroring for existing volumesay F: drive: Create a Mirroring for existing volumesay F: drive using powershell storagespace and after completion of mirroring remove the initial disk that was used by F drivei.e remove mirroringI have tried with diskpart and Disk Management Tool, these are interactive tools. i wanted to...
  6. Create a Mirroring for existing volumesay F: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Mirroring for existing volumesay F: drive: Create a Mirroring for existing volumesay F: drive using powershell storagespace and after completion of mirroring remove the initial disk that was used by F drivei.e remove mirroringI have tried with diskpart and Disk Management Tool, these are interactive tools. i wanted to...
  7. Create a Mirroring for existing volumesay F: drive

8. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  9. Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring Issues: Create Mirror of existing drive: I have two important data drives that I had mirrors of in Windows 7. When I got a new system and moved the drives over to my Windows 10 computer, the mirror did not stay synced as expected. I don't remember exactly what happened (it was back in May) but I thought I fixed the...
  10. Miracast Mirroring Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast Mirroring Issues: Hello, I'm having problems with miracast mirroring on Windows 10 1511 When I updated to Windows 10 the miracast worked fine for a time, but with no other reason the screen mirroring stopped to work. Every time I try to connect to my TV the computer screen start to flickering...