Windows 10: Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1

Discus and support Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am lost on this error. There doesn't seem to be any good answers so far in my search. I'm hoping there's a mirroring whiz on here!Situation:Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Sim, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Mark Sim Win User

Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1

I am lost on this error. There doesn't seem to be any good answers so far in my search. I'm hoping there's a mirroring whiz on here!Situation:Have 512GB SSD with 2 partitions Disk 0 running Windows 10 Pro1: System Reserve partition at 100MB2: OS C: partition at 475GBx: Extra space unallocatedInstalled a second 512GB SSD Disk 1Wanted: Mirror Disk 0 to Disk 1 in the event drive failure, be bootableActions Taken:Converted Disk 0 to Dynamic successfullyInitialized Disk 1 successfully as Dynamic as wellRight-clicked on Partition 1 System Reserve on Disk 0 and selected "Mirror volume"Selec

:)

Mark Sim, Sep 26, 2022
  2. retreaded Win User

how do I fix RAID mirror error?

With the suggestion made that my mirror might be set up in BIOS, I saw on the log-on screen that the RAID configuration was set up under Intel Matrix Storage Manager on ROM. I entered the configuration menu and broke the mirror. The error kept the autorebuild from working and the PC ran as slow as molasses in January.

I did have some trouble trying to fix the errored disk when I attempted to repair it because Windows reported it as a RAW drive. I googled how to convert RAW to NTFS, did that and got things running again, however no longer RAID 1. That's OK for now... I'll create another mirror later.

retreaded, Sep 26, 2022
  3. ms790 Win User
    drive shows as intel raid 1 volume do not have raid set up

I have a crucial ssd that I boot from that shows up in device manager and a separate wd caviar black hdd that use for other storage. In bios it shows the correct model but in the device manager it shows as intel raid 1 volume. I have not set up raid.
    The size and everything is correct for the drive. I don't see any mirroring going on either. I'm not sure what has happened here.

ms790, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Eberwurz Win User

What happens when a striped and mirrored drive dies?

From the article in my first answer:

A striped volume is created by combining areas of free space on two or more disks into one logical volume. Striped volumes use RAID-0, which stripes data across multiple disks. Striped volumes cannot be extended or mirrored, and do not offer fault tolerance.
    If one of the disks containing a striped volume fails, the entire volume fails. When creating striped volumes, it is best to use disks that are of the same size, model, and manufacturer.

A mirrored volume is a fault-tolerant volume that provides data redundancy by using two copies, or plexes, of the volume to duplicate the data that is stored on the volume. All data that is written to the mirrored volume is written to both plexes, which are
    located on separate physical disks. If one of the physical disks fails, the data on the failed disk becomes unavailable, but the system continues to operate using the unaffected disk.

Eberwurz, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1 - Similar Threads - Mirroring Volume Error

2. Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1: I am lost on this error. There doesn't seem to be any good answers so far in my search. I'm hoping there's a mirroring whiz on here!Situation:Have 512GB SSD with 2 partitions Disk 0 running Windows 10 Pro1: System Reserve partition at 100MB2: OS C: partition at 475GBx: Extra...
  3. Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirroring Volume Error - No extents were found for the plex?? RAID 1: I am lost on this error. There doesn't seem to be any good answers so far in my search. I'm hoping there's a mirroring whiz on here!Situation:Have 512GB SSD with 2 partitions Disk 0 running Windows 10 Pro1: System Reserve partition at 100MB2: OS C: partition at 475GBx: Extra...
  4. Transfer of Raid 1 (mirrored) drives to new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of Raid 1 (mirrored) drives to new PC: I recently built a new desktop PC. I transferred two 8TB drives that were mirrored from my previous PC. In my new PC they show up as one drive. I have put each drive individually and they each show up with all the data. I have backed up this data and wish to use the drives as...
  5. Storage Spaces 2-way mirror Vanished! RAID 1

Storage Spaces 2-way mirror Vanished! RAID 1: Setup: Windows 10 Pro updated to 20H2 1x 600GB HDD with OS Win 10 Pro, updated to 20H2 - all fine 2x 4TB HDD in RAID 1 two-way mirror using Windows Storage Space -ERROR All worked fine for 8 months, but while moving system to a new case, all of a sudden mytwo-way mirror...
  6. RAID 1 (Mirrored) and 20H1

RAID 1 (Mirrored) and 20H1: I am having the following problem in trying to set up a Mirrored RAID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d4481ae?page=2 Seems to be a 20H1 issue sure hope they fix it 155456
  7. RAID 1 mirror in Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Home questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAID 1 mirror in Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Home questions: I built my first PC and successfully set up RAID 1. I copied a file to it and then in turn unplugged each hard drive to confirm it was written to both. Then copied over 1TB worth of my files. I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my NVME hard drive that is not part of...
  8. Mirrored Volumes

Mirrored Volumes: Hi I have a Mirrored Volume in my PC - 2 x 4TB discs ( Win 10 Pro ). Can anyone tell me if I can have more than one pair of Mirrored Volumes ? I have another pair of 4TB discs that I would like to do this with. If it is possible, is it the same process as the first one...
  9. Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror.

Can't boot after deleting a raid 1 mirror.: I deleted an old Intel WINDOWSXP raid 1 mirror and the system would not boot. I tried fixboot “access denied” . All hard drives removed. I used the procedure to use fixboot but the problem was not the same as indicated. My boot is volume 1 but as’”E”. Volume 3 is” C” which...
  10. Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !

Software Raid 1. Can not Add Mirror !: I can't Add Mirror to Disk 1 (from Disk 2)! [img] Windows 10 popup the following message. [img] What should I do . I don't want to buy a new HDD. My OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 x64 Thanks in advance 83276