Windows 10: misbehaving mouse after driver updates

Discus and support misbehaving mouse after driver updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, On the advice of a helper in another forum for another issue, I updated drivers for my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 15IIL05. Since that day I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 3point1, Jun 10, 2021.

1. 3point1 Win User

misbehaving mouse after driver updates

Hello, On the advice of a helper in another forum for another issue, I updated drivers for my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 15IIL05. Since that day I've been having all kinds of trouble with my Logitech M570 trackball. I have removed it, and uninstalled it - but can't roll back the driver (option is muted). I have tried slowing the double click speed way down, and even did a system restore to before the drivers were updated. Here is what the mouse is doing (not every time, but WAY too much & it's driving me crazy & making it hard to be productive): - selects a letter, word, or more instead of click cursor between letters - single click maximizes or minimizes windows - single click on pause behaves like a double click - it will briefly play & goes right back to pause - single click opens email in new tab instead of just focusing on the email in the same window (again like a dbl click) - single clicking delete icon deletes 2 emails instead of 1 (again, like a double click) - snipping tool: select area doesn't select (long click sometimes works) & I have to click on New again (sometimes 2-3x) - if I click & drag an icon, it opens the file What can I do to get my normal mouse function back? Win 10 ver 20H2

:)

3point1, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Touch pad Mouse

The mouse driver can be outdated which causes the issue. To resolve this, we need to do several troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you update the mouse driver from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 10, 2021
  4. misbehaving mouse after driver updates

mouse drivers not found

It still doesn't work...

I think the problem here is that I can't find drivers to download or update because the mouse doesn't need them in order to work, I've tried all kinds of troubleshooting. It's really annoying.

JackSkeleslug, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

misbehaving mouse after driver updates

1. misbehaving mouse after driver updates - Similar Threads - misbehaving mouse driver

2. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  3. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  4. Mouse misbehaving windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse misbehaving windows 10: 2 weeks ago I wanted to play Half Life 2: Deathmach. My pc is pretty old so the game froze midway while I was downloading a user map. I changed my mind and forcefuly closed the game. After this my mouse started misbehaving.The problem is not inside of it since this also...
  5. Mouse misbehaving windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse misbehaving windows 10: 2 weeks ago I wanted to play Half Life 2: Deathmach. My pc is pretty old so the game froze midway while I was downloading a user map. I changed my mind and forcefuly closed the game. After this my mouse started misbehaving.The problem is not inside of it since this also...
  6. Mouse misbehaving windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Mouse Misbehaves

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse Misbehaves: My Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Mouse behaves badly sometimes lately. Its curse jumps all over the screen. It doesn't seem to be the battery problem. The problem occurs on both the wood surface of a desk and with a mouse pad. My Logitech mouse doesn't exhibit the same problem....
  8. After update lap is misbehaving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update lap is misbehaving: I have an Asus X541U Laptop with 12GB ram and Samsung Evo 860 1tb SSD. From last month, after the last update of the windows search bar is not working. lap is totally taking delay to respond. Screenshots are attached FYR, Kindly su[IMG][ATTACH][ATTACH]ggest........
  9. diagnosing misbehaving driver

diagnosing misbehaving driver: i followed the instructions on these guides, which told me to post a link to some files and you will help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983...
  10. Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update

Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update: Both of these began exactly concurrent with the latest major update. I'm using a (genuine) Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical. The mouse cursor is unresponsive at bootup, but if I disconnect and reconnect it, it works fine. The mouse buttons still work initially (I can...