Windows 10: Misbehaving Taskbar

Discus and support Misbehaving Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I start or reboot Windows, my taskbar does not appear as it was before starting or rebooting Windows. The taskbar appears as a single line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NurdBurd, Sep 16, 2018.

1. NurdBurd Win User

Misbehaving Taskbar

Whenever I start or reboot Windows, my taskbar does not appear as it was before starting or rebooting Windows. The taskbar appears as a single line with an up/down selection arrow to view the hidden icons. These are the steps I have to take to have the taskbar look and operate the way that I prefer.
    1. Click on the down arrow of a single line taskbar.
    2. Right click on a clear area of the taskbar.
    3. Unclick 'Lock the taskbar'.
    4. Increase the height of the taskbar to two lines.
    5. Right click on a clear area of the taskbar.
    6. Click 'Lock the taskbar.'
    Now the taskbar consists of two lines, is located at the bottom of the screen and automatically slides off the bottom of the screen when not selected. In the past, I have not had this problem. It seems that a small change in an update to Windows is the apparent culprit.
    What do I need to do to have the desired taskbar after I start or reboot windows?
    Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1803, installed on 8/31/2018, OS build 17738.1000, Dell XPS-8700.

:)

NurdBurd, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 16, 2018
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Misbehaving Taskbar

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Misbehaving Taskbar

1. Misbehaving Taskbar - Similar Threads - Misbehaving Taskbar

2. USB Ports misbehaving

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports misbehaving: I have an older pc with multiple USB ports. It won't detect my USB keyboard and mouse through any port UNLESS they are connected via my Anker USB hub. When I do this, the hub, keyboard and mouse are detected through all USB ports. I'm confused - any ideas how to get my...
  3. USB Ports misbehaving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports misbehaving: I have an older pc with multiple USB ports. It won't detect my USB keyboard and mouse through any port UNLESS they are connected via my Anker USB hub. When I do this, the hub, keyboard and mouse are detected through all USB ports. I'm confused - any ideas how to get my...
  4. USB Ports misbehaving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  6. 3 Monitor mouse misbehaving

3 Monitor mouse misbehaving: I have monitor 1 at the bottom, beneath and between monitor 2 and monitor 3, which are next to each other. Sometimes not every time, but probably 2/3 times when I move my mouse pointer up through the top right of screen 1, it lands on the bottom right of the left screen. The...
  7. windows 11 is misbehaving with the keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 is misbehaving with the keyboard: whenever i am clicking on the window icon it is opening the new page in edge with search term "how to get help in windows 11" and no popup or dropdown shows. no search icon will show also no hidden icon items will show...
  8. windows 11 is misbehaving with the keyboard

windows 11 is misbehaving with the keyboard: whenever i am clicking on the window icon it is opening the new page in edge with search term "how to get help in windows 11" and no popup or dropdown shows. no search icon will show also no hidden icon items will show...
  9. Taskbar in WIN10 misbehaves...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar in WIN10 misbehaves...: Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2 up to dateI usually have my taskbar on the left. And I have QuickLunch tool bar full of small icons, and several icons in the notification area. I do adjust the TB width for optimal look and functionality.Recently, I encountered windows problems...
  10. TaskBar is misbehaving & giving me a glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    TaskBar is misbehaving & giving me a glitch: Dear Microsoft Community, I am a daily user of windows 10 & Microsoft Teams for my educational classes, so if any glitch/error is faced by me then it will be a drag for my work. This glitch I've been facing from the day I upgraded to Windows10 upgraded on 24 June 2020 with...