Windows 10: Misdirected request issue

Discus and support Misdirected request issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I started facing with this issue 2 days ago. Where while working from home suddenly when visiting the website I kept getting this... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by causevd, Jul 11, 2019.

1. causevd Win User

Misdirected request issue

Hello everyone,

I started facing with this issue 2 days ago. Where while working from home suddenly when visiting the website I kept getting this issue called "Misdirected Request". Whenever I try to refresh the site looks like the issue will go away, but later if I keep browsing it will just continue so I have to press refresh every single time.

I didn't touch anything it turned to happen by itself. There was no Windows Update to corrupt or mess my computer like we all know sometimes it does.

So I've noticed after a while that it's not only that particular website but it's just other websites in general.
    Also, my skype is not working, whenever I try to send a message, the message just keeps loading and won't send at all. It looks like something is broken in my files, or registry, I don't really know.

The funny part is that my desktop computer is connected with wifi card, I tried connecting it through LAN cable and again same issue. I tried calling my ISP and ask them to reset the internet for me, and that didn't fix the issue.

I have also a laptop connected on the same network, and on the laptop I don't have this issue, same with my phone, no issues whatsoever, I can send messages on skype, I can browse those websites who have that issue on my desktop PC and also I can even sign in on Microsoft forums without an issue, where if I try from my desktop PC it's just the website won't load.

My last chance is to format my PC, but at the moment I have to deal with this problem as I've already explained, I work from home and it's really important for me not to waste any time. If there's any fix I would gladly appreciate.

Here is what I've tried so far. And nothing worked
    Reset my router to factory settings, re-configured.
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /renew
    netsh winsock reset
    netsh interface ipv4 reset
    netsh interface ipv6 reset
    Tried reinstalling Chrome
    Tried installing Firefox (same issue)

None of this worked, (from what I was able to find on the internet).

I am using only Windows firewall, no antiviruses no nothing.

Here is pictures of the issue when I try to visit some websites.

Misdirected request issue [​IMG]

I get this error on some of the ads on the right side of one of the forums I visit.

This is when I try to sign in on Microsoft or even some of the websites will show me this issue.

Is there any way for this issue to be fixed?

:)

causevd, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 11, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 11, 2019
  4. wolf Win User

True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

Thema:

1. Misdirected request issue - Similar Threads - Misdirected request issue

2. Downloads misdirected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads misdirected: Downloads have always gone to the download account inside my user account unless I specifically directed the sender to use a different location. I don`t know why but ICO Converter has started downloading to another destination, The location doesn`t seem to be on my computer....
  3. Requesting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Requesting: please my laptop is telling me that my license is about to expire soon and i don't have the product key to solve my problem i would like to get help from you so that i can be able to activate my laptop...
  4. Request For Issue ResolveMicrosoft PDF Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Request For Issue ResolveMicrosoft PDF Print: Hi Team, Please help me out from this Issue I can not Create the Microsoft PDF print in A2 Size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-for-issue-resolvemicrosoft-pdf-print/5d3ef661-b693-42c1-abf1-b4b42a3618d5
  5. Request assistance with Windows 10 Issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Request assistance with Windows 10 Issue.: Hi Greg, I'm Mohammad, I was really looking forward to someone who could help me. I will be as polite and co-operative as you want me to be if you could just PLEASE help me out with my issue. I want you to know that its the first time I purchased my own laptop and...
  6. Misdirected request issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Misdirected request issue: Hello everyone, I started facing with this issue 2 days ago. Where while working from home suddenly when visiting the website I kept getting this issue called "Misdirected Request". Whenever I try to refresh the site looks like the issue will go away, but later if I keep...
  7. Misdirected updates from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Misdirected updates from Microsoft.: 2019-02-23 My Toshiba Satellite received an update - KB4100347. It failed to install. The hyper-link took me to KB4100347: Intel microcode updates. My Toshiba has no Intel components, the processor is AMD A4 quad-core. On the same day 13 successful updates were installed for...
  8. Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919)

Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919): After the Windows 10 update last night, things just don't seem to be redirecting to the right place. Error Message: "Location is not available - C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable." Shouldn't it be redirecting to...
  9. Request....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Request....: Can someone please confirm whether WDT diagnostic report displays the Win 8 OEM key? http://www.eightforums.com/windows-u...eshooting.html It will be under this section: Code: Server Props: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><genuineAuthorization...
  10. Requesting insight with issue upgrading to Windows 10.

Requesting insight with issue upgrading to Windows 10.: Hello all, I had windows 10 icon but wanted to do a factory reset on my older PC before upgrading to start completely fresh (computer was having some issues). However, after factory reset, and doing ALL windows updates (including service pack 1) the icon has not...