Windows 10: Misdirected updates from Microsoft.

Discus and support Misdirected updates from Microsoft. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2019-02-23 My Toshiba Satellite received an update - KB4100347. It failed to install. The hyper-link took me to KB4100347: Intel microcode updates. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaRzouse, Mar 12, 2019.

1. CaRzouse Win User

Misdirected updates from Microsoft.

2019-02-23 My Toshiba Satellite received an update - KB4100347. It failed to install. The hyper-link took me to KB4100347: Intel microcode updates. My Toshiba has no Intel components, the processor is AMD A4 quad-core.

On the same day 13 successful updates were installed for Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - WPD. The Toshiba has no Samsung components but I did briefly connect a Samsung phone to transfer some photos.

On the same day 83 successful updates were installed for Alps Pointing Device Driver. My Toshiba does have an Alps Pointing device (touch-pad). The hyper-links for both the Samsung and the Alps were broken and so offered no information.

2019-02-25 I spoke with Microsoft who advised me to decline 3rd party updates via the System Properties "Hardware" setting and they booked an engineer's call on my behalf. The engineer duly called me 2019-02-28. After some 42 minutes the engineer established that the cause of the Samsung updates was my having connected a Samsung phone (for a matter of minutes) and the Intel update was to his surprise a misdirection. He assured me that this could never happen again.

2019-03-12 Today I have received updates for Intel (KB100347) and yet another update for Alps Pointing Device Driver.

While I appreciate that Microsoft is not responsible for 3rd party manufacturer's updates and simply relays them on demand, I none the less have a recurring problem which seriously impacts on my metered connection. I have checked that my settings still deny 3rd party updates and yet I am still receiving them.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Richard Hackett.

:)

CaRzouse, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Misdirected updates from Microsoft.

1. Misdirected updates from Microsoft. - Similar Threads - Misdirected updates Microsoft

2. Unable to update Instagram from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Instagram from Microsoft Store: Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features Scroll down to Instagram Select it Click Advanced options Click Reset Restart Check the Store for updates it still not helping ***Modified title from: instagram not updating***...
  3. removing a failed update from the microsoft insider

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    removing a failed update from the microsoft insider: I have had in the last week a update via the Microsoft insider site. this failed and has left me with a pc that will NOT start. I just get a black screen with a rotating circle of dots. I have contacted various forms of HELP? but all have left me not getting my system back...
  4. Never install updates from Microsoft

Never install updates from Microsoft: Never install updates from Microsoft. The courts should force Microsoft to cease issuing "updates" but rather force them to say. Microsoft has a free download that will screw up your computer and and provide you many hours/day/weeks/months of grief trying to fix what our free...
  5. New Update and Microsoft office disappeared from start

New Update and Microsoft office disappeared from start: Monday Last, November 19 My Windows 10 Dell Inspiron took a windows update and Microsoft office (365 Business) disappeared from Start menu and he tiles with those documents, sheets and presentations were whited out. I Uninstalled and reinstalled and now Power Point is not...
  6. Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919)

Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919): After the Windows 10 update last night, things just don't seem to be redirecting to the right place. Error Message: "Location is not available - C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable." Shouldn't it be redirecting to...
  7. Windows Driver Update ad not from Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Driver Update ad not from Microsoft: I received an email regarding a "Driver Update" but the source was not Microsoft (see screenshot below). Is this fraud or potentially harmful to my system?...
  8. Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't bypass destructive Windows Update from Microsoft: On my Win 10 Pro x64. Microsoft is insistent to install an update which trashes my secondary video adapter, an ATI Radeon HD 4600 series card. My global policies point to my WSUS server running Server 2012 R2 x64. On that WSUS, I declined all device drivers for the HD 4600....
  9. Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download and Install Windows Update from Microsoft Update Catalog: Please post questions and comments to these threads. I'll be checking in on this daily. Thanks: all feedback welcome, good, bad or merely indifferent. --Ed-- 106260
  10. Microsoft’s updates Dynamics AX to run from the cloud

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s updates Dynamics AX to run from the cloud: The latest update to the Dynamics ERP suite features a new streamlined design that makes the software easier to use. The software can now be run through a portal on any web browser which allows users to access it via their desktop, laptop, tablet or even their phone. An...