Windows 10: Misdirected updates from Microsoft.

Discus and support Misdirected updates from Microsoft. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2019-02-23 My Toshiba Satellite received an update - KB4100347. It failed to install. The hyper-link took me to KB4100347: Intel microcode updates. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CaRzouse, Mar 12, 2019.

1. CaRzouse Win User

Misdirected updates from Microsoft.

2019-02-23 My Toshiba Satellite received an update - KB4100347. It failed to install. The hyper-link took me to KB4100347: Intel microcode updates. My Toshiba has no Intel components, the processor is AMD A4 quad-core.

On the same day 13 successful updates were installed for Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - WPD. The Toshiba has no Samsung components but I did briefly connect a Samsung phone to transfer some photos.

On the same day 83 successful updates were installed for Alps Pointing Device Driver. My Toshiba does have an Alps Pointing device (touch-pad). The hyper-links for both the Samsung and the Alps were broken and so offered no information.

2019-02-25 I spoke with Microsoft who advised me to decline 3rd party updates via the System Properties "Hardware" setting and they booked an engineer's call on my behalf. The engineer duly called me 2019-02-28. After some 42 minutes the engineer established that the cause of the Samsung updates was my having connected a Samsung phone (for a matter of minutes) and the Intel update was to his surprise a misdirection. He assured me that this could never happen again.

2019-03-12 Today I have received updates for Intel (KB100347) and yet another update for Alps Pointing Device Driver.

While I appreciate that Microsoft is not responsible for 3rd party manufacturer's updates and simply relays them on demand, I none the less have a recurring problem which seriously impacts on my metered connection. I have checked that my settings still deny 3rd party updates and yet I am still receiving them.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Richard Hackett.

:)

CaRzouse, Mar 12, 2019
  2. CaRzouse Win User

2019-02-23 My Toshiba Satellite received an update - KB4100347. It failed to install. The hyper-link took me to KB4100347: Intel microcode updates. My Toshiba has no Intel components, the processor is AMD A4 quad-core.

On the same day 13 successful updates were installed for Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - WPD. The Toshiba has no Samsung components but I did briefly connect a Samsung phone to transfer some photos.

On the same day 83 successful updates were installed for Alps Pointing Device Driver. My Toshiba does have an Alps Pointing device (touch-pad). The hyper-links for both the Samsung and the Alps were broken and so
    offered no information.

2019-02-25 I spoke with Microsoft who advised me to decline 3rd party updates via the System Properties "Hardware" setting and they booked an engineer's call on my behalf. The engineer duly called me 2019-02-28. After some 42 minutes
    the engineer established that the cause of the Samsung updates was my having connected a Samsung phone (for a matter of minutes) and the Intel update was to his surprise a misdirection. He assured me that this could never happen again.

2019-03-12 Today I have received updates for Intel (KB100347) and yet another update for Alps Pointing Device Driver.

While I appreciate that Microsoft is not responsible for 3rd party manufacturer's updates and simply relays them on demand, I none the less have a recurring problem which seriously impacts on my metered connection. I have checked
    that my settings still deny 3rd party updates and yet I am still receiving them.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Richard Hackett.

CaRzouse, Oct 4, 2019
  3. OSdevr Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Oct 4, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Misdirected updates from Microsoft. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Misdirected updates from Microsoft. - Similar Threads - Misdirected updates Microsoft

2. Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store: Hey all!So this caught my attenion in the last month or so..Basically microsoft phone or phone link as it is called now is crashing each time there is an update on microsoft store available.Note that i never used the app or for the matter of fact even clicked on it.The update...
  3. Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft phone crashing on updates from microsoft store: Hey all!So this caught my attenion in the last month or so..Basically microsoft phone or phone link as it is called now is crashing each time there is an update on microsoft store available.Note that i never used the app or for the matter of fact even clicked on it.The update...
  4. Downloads misdirected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads misdirected: Downloads have always gone to the download account inside my user account unless I specifically directed the sender to use a different location. I don`t know why but ICO Converter has started downloading to another destination, The location doesn`t seem to be on my computer....
  5. Recent Update from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Update from Microsoft: Just today I accidentally clicked on an update that popped up on my notifications. Post update, the color scheme seemed extremely weird. I even uninstalled the update but nothing has changed. The update said that it had new features for windows 10. There were 3 updates in the...
  6. updating apps not from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updating apps not from microsoft store: i have a question about updating apps not installed through the microsoft store. i have a handfull of these apps: youtube, aibnb, my bank, weatherbug, ebay, for example. what is the best way to check for or get notifications for updates to these apps? any help is...
  7. Misdirected request issue

in Browsers and Email
    Misdirected request issue: Hello everyone, I started facing with this issue 2 days ago. Where while working from home suddenly when visiting the website I kept getting this issue called "Misdirected Request". Whenever I try to refresh the site looks like the issue will go away, but later if I keep...
  8. Misdirected request issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Misdirected request issue: Hello everyone, I started facing with this issue 2 days ago. Where while working from home suddenly when visiting the website I kept getting this issue called "Misdirected Request". Whenever I try to refresh the site looks like the issue will go away, but later if I keep...
  9. Never install updates from Microsoft

Never install updates from Microsoft: Never install updates from Microsoft. The courts should force Microsoft to cease issuing "updates" but rather force them to say. Microsoft has a free download that will screw up your computer and and provide you many hours/day/weeks/months of grief trying to fix what our free...
  10. Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919)

Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919): After the Windows 10 update last night, things just don't seem to be redirecting to the right place. Error Message: "Location is not available - C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable." Shouldn't it be redirecting to...