Windows 10: Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919)

Discus and support Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 update last night, things just don't seem to be redirecting to the right place. Error Message: "Location is not available -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnP_749, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JohnP_749 Win User

Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919)

After the Windows 10 update last night, things just don't seem to be redirecting to the right place.

Error Message:

"Location is not available - C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable."

Shouldn't it be redirecting to "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Desktop" and not a folder in the system directory?

My AppData is redirecting to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData" as well.

:)

JohnP_749, Oct 10, 2018

2. (WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 10, 2018
  3. David4802 Win User
    Windows 10 - The User Profile Service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded

This is absolutely no help. I cannot get to the desktop. The sign-in FAILED! That's what the message is all about.

David4802, Oct 10, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919) capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Misdirected User/Profile Data after Windows 10 update (KB4462919) - Similar Threads - Misdirected User Profile

2. Data is Wiped After "User Profile Cannot Be Loaded"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data is Wiped After "User Profile Cannot Be Loaded": Hello, I ran into the "User Profile Cannot Be Loaded" issue suddenly when turning on my laptop. I was sent to the account sign in page and entered my account PIN, but I received the same message again. After that, I restarted my computer and then entered the PIN code again. I...
  3. Data is Wiped After "User Profile Cannot Be Loaded"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data is Wiped After "User Profile Cannot Be Loaded": Hello, I ran into the "User Profile Cannot Be Loaded" issue suddenly when turning on my laptop. I was sent to the account sign in page and entered my account PIN, but I received the same message again. After that, I restarted my computer and then entered the PIN code again. I...
  4. My user profile and data done Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My user profile and data done Windows 10: Hi I accidentally pressed a function key in the keyboard in my msi laptop and I logged in as a new user and in that new user account Windows C data including photo, videos and downloads... Are gone. But when I check into the Windows D folder there is a new folder call 'User'...
  5. My user profile and data done Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My user profile and data done Windows 10: Hi I accidentally pressed a function key in the keyboard in my msi laptop and I logged in as a new user and in that new user account Windows C data including photo, videos and downloads... Are gone. But when I check into the Windows D folder there is a new folder call 'User'...
  6. My user profile and data done Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Misdirected updates from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Misdirected updates from Microsoft.: 2019-02-23 My Toshiba Satellite received an update - KB4100347. It failed to install. The hyper-link took me to KB4100347: Intel microcode updates. My Toshiba has no Intel components, the processor is AMD A4 quad-core. On the same day 13 successful updates were installed for...
  8. Windows update KB4462919 refuses to install

Windows update KB4462919 refuses to install: I have tried deleting the download update cache files and re downloading the update, I have reset windows update components, and I have tried downloading the standalone update installer but this update will not install. In Windows Update in the Settings app, it downloads...
  9. Windows Update will not install KB4462919

Windows Update will not install KB4462919: Windows Update downloaded KB4462919 about a week ago. The update history page says that it requires a restart to finish installing, though I have repeatedly restarted the system. I tried using the update troubleshooter, which said that it found and fixed some problems, but...
  10. Windows 10 Update - KB4462919

Windows 10 Update - KB4462919: Is it safe now (10th October 2018) to install the latest Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462919) ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-kb4462919/f6458cf5-b225-4482-87f1-42bd052f7acc
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after win 10 update my profile and desktop has become unavailable ni am th only user affected