Windows 10: Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails.

Discus and support Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having trouble using Window Photos so I decided to download a new app for photos One Photo Viewer but in doing so my PSD files lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by n3wbie needs help, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails.

Hello,

I've been having trouble using Window Photos so I decided to download a new app for photos One Photo Viewer but in doing so my PSD files lost their thumbnails. i uninstalled One Photo Viewer and put back Windows Photo with no help to the problem. so I went online and was recommended SageThumbs but when I ended up doing the tutorial on YouTube the software ended up getting rid of all my thumbnails on my pdf , some images and like it's all over the place.

So I'm looking for solution on how to fix this. Like restart or i dont know anything to just help.

Evidence.

Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails. c4576513-9275-4ae8-9b9f-3a3d41ed62aa?upload=true.png

Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails. 448dabc8-5db5-4ed0-82bd-9330fd8068f4?upload=true.png

:)

n3wbie needs help, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails.

Missing Thumbnails and icon loss in the taskbar

Hi Ian,

It's really odd that the thumbnails and icons went missing without any changes made on the computer. There could be an update that causes it, or a 3rd party application can also be the culprit. However, we don't want to assume anything yet until we isolate
    your concern. We would like to know the what happened when you run the scan disk. We also suggest that you list down the commands that you've run in the command prompt.

In the meantime, you may want to perform a clean boot by following the steps in this
    article. It is for your computer to start Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs that
    may be causing the issue. The steps are at the bottom of the page, simply click the version of Windows you're using. You can also try to manually re-add the icons on the taskbar by searching in start menu.

Carlos Tin, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails.

1. Mishap. Help recover missing thumbnails. - Similar Threads - Mishap Help recover

2. Drive sharing mishap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive sharing mishap: I have a windows 11 pc I built, and I have a drive with videos on it. I have and old windows vista laptop I wanted to connect to it. I set 40/56bit encryption, no password, and full control for the host drive. and clicked apply But when I connect to the drive on the laptop,...
  3. Thumbnails go missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails go missing: I've attempted every way I found on Google and no joy. Has anyone had this happen? I appreciate the help. Thumbnails were there one day, the next replaces by a thumbnail sized icon looks like Windows....
  4. Thumbnails go missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails go missing: I've attempted every way I found on Google and no joy. Has anyone had this happen? I appreciate the help. Thumbnails were there one day, the next replaces by a thumbnail sized icon looks like Windows....
  5. Most thumbnails missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most thumbnails missing: Hello. My PC will not display thumbnails for most but not all apps This happens everywhere desktop & folders You can see it won't even show in the root folder. I have tried everything in the following article minus downloading the utility to no avail which included using the...
  6. Win. 10/Adobe Premiere Pro Mishap resulted in thousands of thumbnails!

Win. 10/Adobe Premiere Pro Mishap resulted in thousands of thumbnails!: Microsoft Community:I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2/OS Build 19042.985 - I receive automatic updates from Microsoft.I have Adobe Premiere Pro 2021/vers. 14 installed via Adobe Creative Cloud, and I attempted to export a single thumbnail from a sequence. I...
  7. Missing thumbnails-PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing thumbnails-PLEASE HELP: I need HELP. I have windows 10. I am missing thumbnails ONLY for 4k 24fps video clips. 4k 60fps video clips are fine. All my photo thumbnails are fine. Both 4k 60fps and 24fps are mp4 files. I have tried everything. Tried clicking the options and to "show all thumbnails."...
  8. missing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    missing thumbnails: [ATTACH] I need HELP. I have windows 10. I am missing thumbnails ONLY for 4k 24fps video clips. 4k 60fps video clips are fine. All my photo thumbnails are fine. Both 4k 60fps and 24fps are mp4 files. I have tried everything. Tried clicking the options and to "show all...
  9. missing thumbnails

missing thumbnails: I have a monogramming business, and use Husqvarna Viking Premier +2 Extra software to customize designs. A few weeks ago, my thumbnails turned into white rectangles. The file extension .VP3, .PES, .DST and the name of the design are all correct I can no longer see what a...
  10. New laptop mishap - Please help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New laptop mishap - Please help: Hi, My new, much anticipated laptop arrived on Wednesday. I bought the Office 365 Personal and McAfee Total Protection with the laptop. On Wednesday evening I started to set up the laptop, entering all the necessary details and connecting to my BT internet possibly where I...