Windows 10: Misidentified Device

Discus and support Misidentified Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. Instead of being identified as a USB keyboard under the Devices class in Control Panel, a mechanical keyboard of mine is under Unspecified as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FluuuuMan, Mar 7, 2020.

1. FluuuuMan Win User

Misidentified Device

Hi all. Instead of being identified as a USB keyboard under the Devices class in Control Panel, a mechanical keyboard of mine is under Unspecified as a "USB Input Device". Any idea on what is causing this? How can i fix it? Thanks so much.

:)

FluuuuMan, Mar 7, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 7, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 7, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

Misidentified Device

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Misidentified Device

1. Misidentified Device - Similar Threads - Misidentified Device

2. Microsoft Edge misidentified my location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge misidentified my location: Microsoft Edge misidentified my location. I'm in Vietnam, but my IP address is in Hong Kong. My phone still shows the correct location. Please help me!Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02/‎08/‎2021 OS build 22000.493 Experience Windows Feature...
  3. Microsoft Edge misidentified my location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge misidentified my location: Microsoft Edge misidentified my location. I'm in Vietnam, but my IP address is in Hong Kong. My phone still shows the correct location. Please help me!Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02/‎08/‎2021 OS build 22000.493 Experience Windows Feature...
  4. My NYK A80 webcam is misidentified as a SunplusIT PC Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My NYK A80 webcam is misidentified as a SunplusIT PC Camera: The webcam has been working fine for the last 2 months, my pc detected the webcam and it has been working properly. But in the last few days, it appeared as "SunplusIT PC Camera" on startup, when it was supposed to be "NYK NEMESIS". It is a USB camera. The first time it...
  5. Realtek Audio misidentifies back panel audio jacks.

Realtek Audio misidentifies back panel audio jacks.: I have a b550 Phantom Gaming 4 motherboard from AsRock. The back panel I/O is specifically stated to include "Line In/ Front Speaker/Microphone". However, Realtek Audio Console thinks that the Back Panel is rear speaker/front speaker/ subwoofer. As a result, I am unable to...
  6. Network misidentifies a Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network misidentifies a Computer: Questions: How can I get my wife's PC to show up as a "Computer" instead of a "Media Device" on my network? Background: I have three computers at home, a laptop and two PCs, all running version 2004 of Windows 10. The newest PC and the laptop both came with Windows 10...
  7. Windows 10 misidentifies NVIDIA Geforce GTX1070ti as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 misidentifies NVIDIA Geforce GTX1070ti as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: When Win10 locked me out, I had to do a clean reinstall, after which it installed the Windows Basic Display driver and refuses to allow me to install the correct NVIDIA driver....
  8. Windows 10 Pro deactivated - started with misidentified hardware change? Completely stuck...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro deactivated - started with misidentified hardware change? Completely stuck...: Windows has deactivated my Windows software, mistakenly I believe - it looks like Microsoft/Windows Updater thinks I made a hardware change recently. Here's why I think that: when I request an update in Settings, Updater says its updating my computer with an AMD64 reference....
  9. Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser?: I checked Recent Activity for my Microsoft account and for a couple of logins earlier this month, it indicated Windows as my platform, and that the login was via Internet Explorer. But I don't have a Windows PC and don't use Explorer. I have a Windows 10 Mobile phone and use...
  10. Windows Misidentifies C Drive as Solid State Drive - cannot defrag?

Windows Misidentifies C Drive as Solid State Drive - cannot defrag?: Hello, When I was running Windows 7, my system had a small solid state C drive that did not have enough space for windows 10 upgrade. I got a larger 2TB regular hard disk and used the manufacturer's software to clone the old Windows-7 SSD C drive to the new 2TB and then...