Windows 10: misinformation of assistant

Discus and support misinformation of assistant in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It's hard to believe- an assistant Rami told me on the chat to call a free number to solve my problem, he explicitly explained it is free, and so i... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by yidag, May 12, 2020.

1. yidag Win User

misinformation of assistant

It's hard to believe- an assistant Rami told me on the chat to call a free number to solve my problem, he explicitly explained it is free, and so i called, and i see it ate up my money

It's misinformation leading to money loss, its illegal

Very disappointed

:)

yidag, May 12, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 12, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

misinformation of assistant [​IMG]

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, May 12, 2020
  4. misinformation of assistant

Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99%

The problem is caused by the Windows 7 updates.

Before using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, perform these steps:

• set Windows 7 updates to "Never install updates".
    • Stop the update service by right clicking on the command prompt, and choose "Run as administrator".
    • Type

It should say: "Windows update service is stopping....windows update service is stopped."

misinformation of assistant 852Gr.png

After completing the above steps, start the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant, and it should complete.

Anthony Cappucci, May 12, 2020
Thema:

misinformation of assistant

1. misinformation of assistant - Similar Threads - misinformation assistant

2. Windows Migration Assistant.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Migration Assistant.: Anybody know how to work the migrant assistant. I'm trying to get my windows 10 files to my macbook air using this program. I've downloaded it, and tried to install, but it just sits there saying it's installing, but no progress shown after 3 hours! HELP! * Moved from...
  3. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  4. Quick Assist Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist Windows 10: When I load Quick Assist it opens temporarily then it goes to the dreaded Spinning Wheel. Tried multiple times but same result. I have latest Windows 10 updates. Can this be used to assist someone with a MacBook? Thanks...
  5. Quick assist

in Cortana
    Quick assist: Hi! I heard of two features on windows 10 one is called quick assist and the other one is called remote assistance. How do those features work?, what do they do?,and How can these features help me in case if I ever have a problem with my laptop? Thanks and stay safe!...
  6. Quick Assist not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist not working: If anyone can offer any help is solving this problem I would be very grateful !! Has anyone figured out why Quick Assist will load and run just fine on some PC's while on others a rotating animated "loading" symbol just spins and spins but never displays the get help / give...
  7. Unable to Login to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 and many other issues. Need Assistance!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Login to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 and many other issues. Need Assistance!: Hi All, I'm Unable to Login to Microsoft Account in Windows 10. I was having below issues, then I tried logging in with a local account which logged me out of my microsoft account. Now, I'm unable to connect to it. Myriad of issues mentioned below: No access to...
  8. Focus assist summary issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus assist summary issues: Hi all, My first post here. Issue: Whenever I exit Focus Assist whether it is Priority or alarms only, I do not receive either a summary of notifications that were missed, or the notifications popping up in the action centre. On the other hand, notifications are enabled for...
  9. If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/davidse7en [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs65hx/if_windows_update_andor_upgrade_assistant_doesnt/
  10. misinformation of assistant

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    misinformation of assistant: It's hard to believe- an assistant Rami told me on the chat to call a free number to solve my problem, he explicitly explained it is free, and so i called, and i see it ate up my money It's misinformation leading to money loss, its illegal Very disappointed...