Windows 10: misinformation of assistant

Discus and support misinformation of assistant in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It's hard to believe- an assistant Rami told me on the chat to call a free number to solve my problem, he explicitly explained it is free, and so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yidag, May 12, 2020.

1. yidag Win User

misinformation of assistant

It's hard to believe- an assistant Rami told me on the chat to call a free number to solve my problem, he explicitly explained it is free, and so i called, and i see it ate up my money

It's misinformation leading to money loss, its illegal

Very disappointed

:)

yidag, May 12, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 12, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

misinformation of assistant [​IMG]

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, May 12, 2020
  4. misinformation of assistant

Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99%

The problem is caused by the Windows 7 updates.

Before using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, perform these steps:

• set Windows 7 updates to "Never install updates".
    • Stop the update service by right clicking on the command prompt, and choose "Run as administrator".
    • Type

It should say: "Windows update service is stopping....windows update service is stopped."

misinformation of assistant 852Gr.png

After completing the above steps, start the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant, and it should complete.

Anthony Cappucci, May 12, 2020
Thema:

misinformation of assistant

1. misinformation of assistant - Similar Threads - misinformation assistant

2. Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app: Hello,I have not been able to access either the Store app or the Xbox app. This is an ongoing issue for well over half a year, but recently I decided to tackle the issue.The Store app will not launch any window when clicking on the shortcut in the start menu, and the Xbox app...
  3. Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app: Hello,I have not been able to access either the Store app or the Xbox app. This is an ongoing issue for well over half a year, but recently I decided to tackle the issue.The Store app will not launch any window when clicking on the shortcut in the start menu, and the Xbox app...
  4. Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11: I upgraded my pc that was running a licensed version Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the motherboard, so this voided the activation of my version of Window. Not happy with this, but I understand. So, I purchased another copy of Windows from the Microsoft app store. I purchased...
  5. Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11

Windows Assistant loaded the wrong version of Windows 11: I upgraded my pc that was running a licensed version Windows 10 Pro. I upgraded the motherboard, so this voided the activation of my version of Window. Not happy with this, but I understand. So, I purchased another copy of Windows from the Microsoft app store. I purchased...
  6. Copilot misinformation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copilot misinformation: why does copilot tell me ". As an AI, I don’t have the ability to recall past interactions or access any personal data unless it’s provided in the current conversation." but when I asked it to do something it reused information from over a month ago then wants to change...
  7. Copilot misinformation

Copilot misinformation: why does copilot tell me ". As an AI, I don’t have the ability to recall past interactions or access any personal data unless it’s provided in the current conversation." but when I asked it to do something it reused information from over a month ago then wants to change...
  8. Twitter introduces Birdwatch to help address misinformation in Tweets

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter introduces Birdwatch to help address misinformation in Tweets: People come to Twitter to stay informed, and they want credible information to help them do so. We apply labels and add context to Tweets, but we don't want to limit efforts to circumstances where something breaks our rules or receives widespread public attention. We also...
  9. Misinformation Directly From Microsoft Tech Support Team re: Reinstalling Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Misinformation Directly From Microsoft Tech Support Team re: Reinstalling Windows 10...: Microsoft, I hope you read this entire post. I know it's long but you will see the obvious issue here is lack of training. I included the case #'s in hopes someone will look this up to confirm which agents and supervisors are spreading misinformation about your products...
  10. misinformation of assistant

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    misinformation of assistant: It's hard to believe- an assistant Rami told me on the chat to call a free number to solve my problem, he explicitly explained it is free, and so i called, and i see it ate up my money It's misinformation leading to money loss, its illegal Very disappointed...