Windows 10: Misleading upgrade of windows 10 pro option

Discus and support Misleading upgrade of windows 10 pro option in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Bought windows 10 home and then later used upgrade to pro option. On that page, it doesn't show upgrade license can be transferred to another system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sank_235, May 2, 2021.

1. sank_235 Win User

Misleading upgrade of windows 10 pro option

Bought windows 10 home and then later used upgrade to pro option. On that page, it doesn't show upgrade license can be transferred to another system. I found this only after contacting support. Even in the license agreement, transfer clause doesn't state this information clearly."Upgrade license is not transferable" should be mentioned clearly on that page. Waste of $99.

:)

sank_235, May 2, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 2, 2021
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Misleading upgrade of windows 10 pro option - Similar Threads - Misleading upgrade pro

2. Misleading !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Misleading !: I have been trying to find out if I have TPM on my Lenovo G700 LAPTOP. I have submitted 3 print screens to show what I have checked to see if I have it. Hopefully the new Microsoft health check will establish once and for all if I will be able to install Windows 11 ! The...
  3. Misleading Website

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Misleading Website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/activate-windows-c39005d4-95ee-b91e-b399-2820fda32227"If you got Windows 10 by...Activation methodUpgrading to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1Digital license""Make sure...
  4. Upgrade from Home to Pro options?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from Home to Pro options?: Hi all, My new laptop came with an OEM version of Win 10 Home, which I want to upgrade to Pro, but: - buying a boxed Pro version means I need to install it from scratch and go through the hassle of setting up everything (ie all apps on top of the OS) again, as it won't...
  5. Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?: It simply gone here. What happened? submitted by /u/floating-hammock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzi6bc/did_microsoft_remove_the_defer_upgrade_option_for/
  6. Windows 10 upgrade options

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade options: I have been using Windows 7 Pro, both at work and at home, for many years. The home machines are desktop and laptop machines. Recently one laptop was replaced by another that came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. My wife consults from home and I knew her clients were...
  7. Legal and Cheapest options for Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Windows 7 Pro)

Legal and Cheapest options for Windows 10 Pro upgrade (from Windows 7 Pro): Hi there, We have 40 Windows 7 pcs need to be upgrade to Windows 10, I wondered what is the legal and cheapest option I have? Can I legally (without violating Microsoft license terms) do a clean install on these machines with brand new Windows 10 OEM keys? Your advice...
  8. Misleading: Win32/Lodi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Misleading: Win32/Lodi: MSERT only partially removes Misleading: Win32?Lodi. How do I get rid of it, entirely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/misleading-win32lodi/dd5bf133-e004-4c4d-9e33-828b38bec7bf"
  9. Windows 10 upgrade options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade options: Hi! I have a question about the upcoming Windows 10 upgrade. I hope this is the correct section for this matter. So, I've got a PC running Windows 7. I have activated it with an OEM licence that I salvaged from my old (now broken) laptop. I'm aware of the fact that the...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Options

Windows 10 Upgrade Options: Hello! I've just brought a new SSD to replace my main HDD, I currently have Windows 7 Home 64bit. I wan't to upgrade to Windows 10*Biggrin I'm just not too sure on the best option, from what I understand I have a few options, I am just unsure of how the...