Windows 10: Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10

Discus and support Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have a problem concerning the display language of Windows 10. When I first bought my laptop in 2016, it was set up to the French (France)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by medalimansour, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10

Hello.

I have a problem concerning the display language of Windows 10.

When I first bought my laptop in 2016, it was set up to the French (France) language by default, but I changed it to English (United States) and everything was fine till the Windows 10 October 2018 update.

I noticed, generally, that after any major update, the language gets changed back to French and then it gets changed again to English progressively through the different apps and programs installed until everything becomes displayed in English. After the October 2018 update, the same thing happened except that till this date, most of the Control Panel items' titles are displayed in French and others are in English. However, when I click on any one, the title appears in English in the title bar.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10 5eaef7a5-c8b8-4aaf-9805-bc7fe06302ac?upload=true.png

:)

medalimansour, Jan 10, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10

Changing display language setting in windows 10

Hello,

Changing the display language on your computer can be easily done. Simply type
    Time and language settings on search> click Region & language> choose your preferred language. If your desired language is not available, you can download and install additional languages by following the steps below:

• Sign in using Administrative account.
    • Press Windows+I to open the Settings window and then click
      Time & Language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Then click Add a language.
    • Window shows languages that are available to be installed.
    • Choose your preferred language.
    • On the Time & Language screen, you’ll see any languages you have installed.
    • Click a particular language and hit Options and then click
      Download
      to download the language pack and keyboard for that language.

To change the Language of Welcome Screen and New User Accounts
    follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Region.
    • On the Administrative tab, click the Copy settings
      button.
    • Hit OK.
    • Then restart your PC.

Let us know the result.

Dyan Rey, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10

1. Mismatch of Display Language Settings - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mismatch Display Language

2. Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Display Language Setting Issue: I have purchased my laptop from Dubai and it has a default display langauge as Arabic. Also when I try to install English India it is not allowing me to keep it as Windows Display Language. Can you please help me to change the Langauge. I have followed all the steps to change...
  3. windows 10 even change the display language to Chinese ,but in setting - windows setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 even change the display language to Chinese ,but in setting - windows setting...: windows 10 even change the display language to Chinese ,but in setting - windows setting still show English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-even-change-the-display-language-to/7e0ba020-7d34-4e0a-ad3b-e31a4cb362da
  4. windows 10 even change the display language to Chinese ,but in setting - windows setting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 even change the display language to Chinese ,but in setting - windows setting...: windows 10 even change the display language to Chinese ,but in setting - windows setting still show English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-even-change-the-display-language-to/7e0ba020-7d34-4e0a-ad3b-e31a4cb362da
  5. windows 10 even change the display language to Chinese ,but in setting - windows setting...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Mismatched date settings

Mismatched date settings: When I look for my files in the start menu, they use the American mm/dd/yyyy format. However, my settings are set to the British time format. You can see the difference in the example excel format below. I checked my Microsoft account settings online as well as in the control...
  7. Display language in windows 10

Display language in windows 10: When I want to change my display from Chinese to English, I found the display language choose in my computer is only Chinese. I don't have English choose, so i can't change it. I want to know how can i add English choose to the display language. My computer is windows 10,...
  8. windows display language settings

windows display language settings: Hi, I am unable to Change My Display Language in windows 10 Home Single language OS version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-display-language-settings/d7ab7daf-8fb7-49bc-a584-833623771940
  9. Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings: Hello all I have set my display language to English (South Africa) in "settings - language" [img] however, when I click "administrative language settings", then copy, it shows English UK as the display language. English UK is not even listed as an option in the Display...
  10. Language settings - japanese is displayed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language settings - japanese is displayed: Why in the menu "Microsoft Store", all is displayed in japanese, as well as the Apps. I can't change it in "Settings". Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-settings-japanese-is-displayed/7d742cb5-0001-4fc7-bc4a-8b974dfa483f"