Windows 10: Mismatch Resolution

Discus and support Mismatch Resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i was playing modern warfare and my friend said that he was hear a static sound so i went to the sound settings and was messing with stuff. Idk what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by imeliasjr, Feb 15, 2020.

1. imeliasjr Win User

Mismatch Resolution

So i was playing modern warfare and my friend said that he was hear a static sound so i went to the sound settings and was messing with stuff. Idk what i did and now when i go on modern warfare i get a message saying “This tv does not support the output format, video resolution and/or refresh rate being sent by the connected device”. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

imeliasjr, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Benoit Win User

Virtualbox Resolution mismatch

I use and up-to-date Windows 10 guest on a up-to-date Stretch Debian host.

All was ok until last system upgrade. Virtualbox was upgraded from 5.1.4 to 5.1.6, as well as other packages. I upgraded guest tools.

Now, display is awful in the guest. Fonts are barely readable.

The issue seems to come from a resolution mismatch. In full screen, W10 reports 1829x1029, whereas my host is 2560x1440.

There is not scale factor, neither in Virtualbox nor in Windows.

Tested:

• Downgrade Virtualbox to 5.1.4
    • Reinstall of guest tools
    • VBoxManage setextradata Windows CustomVideoMode1 2560x1440x32
    • VBoxManage controlvm Windows setvideomodehint 2560 1440 32

I also have some glitches on mouse interactions, but it may be linked with the resolution issue.

I would appreciate any hint.

[Edit 20160923: video memory is 256 MB]

[Edit 20160924: on a second screen, natively 1920x1200, the guest correctly reports a 1920x1200 resolution. The issue may comes from high dpi.]

Benoit, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Mismatch Resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Mismatch Resolution

1. Mismatch Resolution - Similar Threads - Mismatch Resolution

2. Windows 11 - Local Account to Microsoft Account mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Local Account to Microsoft Account mismatch: When installing Windows 11 on a new system I had to create a local account because I couldn't connect to the internet. After getting LAN drivers I logged into my Microsoft account but my appdata and user files are all still named after the local account and when I start up i...
  3. Windows 11 - Local Account to Microsoft Account mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Local Account to Microsoft Account mismatch: When installing Windows 11 on a new system I had to create a local account because I couldn't connect to the internet. After getting LAN drivers I logged into my Microsoft account but my appdata and user files are all still named after the local account and when I start up i...
  4. SHA1 hash mismatch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SHA1 hash mismatch: Hello!I have discovered an archive of the windows 8 Consumer Preview direct download link from early 2012. I was planning on using it for development purposes, but the provided SHA1 file hash for the 32 bit english copy mismatches the one i downloaded. the one provided at the...
  5. SHA1 hash mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SHA1 hash mismatch: Hello!I have discovered an archive of the windows 8 Consumer Preview direct download link from early 2012. I was planning on using it for development purposes, but the provided SHA1 file hash for the 32 bit english copy mismatches the one i downloaded. the one provided at the...
  6. SHA1 hash mismatch

7. How to fix a Windows license mismatch on my PC?

How to fix a Windows license mismatch on my PC?: License upgrade process used Windows 11 Enterprise instead of Window 11 Pro. Now I am unable to activate Windows. During the process, my school email address was used instead of my personal account I was logged in as. In my personal account, it shows Windows 11 Pro was...
  8. How to fix a Windows license mismatch on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a Windows license mismatch on my PC?: License upgrade process used Windows 11 Enterprise instead of Window 11 Pro. Now I am unable to activate Windows. During the process, my school email address was used instead of my personal account I was logged in as. In my personal account, it shows Windows 11 Pro was...
  9. Random dlls reported as corrupted hash mismatch by SFC scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random dlls reported as corrupted hash mismatch by SFC scan: I used to run a DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and then sfc /scannow, as suggested in Microsoft's documentation:2. If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, first run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management DISM tool prior to running...
  10. Resolution mismatch when using "Change the size of text..."

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution mismatch when using "Change the size of text...": I have a Sony TV and a Panasonic projector. I have Windows 10, Intel NUC, same screen cloned in Windows for both screens. Both are 1920x1080 at native resolution, 60p. I have a big problem with Windows Settings / Display / "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". If...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resolution mismatch pc windows 7