Windows 10: Mismatched Space Usage

Discus and support Mismatched Space Usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; First the backstory. I wanted to install optane memory but needed to meet a few criteria. The first being that my partition style needs to be GPT.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Campbell.jm, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Mismatched Space Usage

First the backstory.

I wanted to install optane memory but needed to meet a few criteria. The first being that my partition style needs to be GPT. The conversion is easy enough but it resulted in a 100MB EFI partition to the right of the main partition. It seems the optane program needs a few MB of unallocated space at the "end" of the HD. So it won't install due to the EFI partition being in the way and the EFI partition is protected.

So I found some instructions online to use a third party program run off of a thumbdrive. I create 100MB space to the left of the main partition, copy/paste the EFI partition to the empty partition, changed the flags, and then delete the old one.

Well, that rendered my HD kind of toast. Windows repair wouldn't work. So I used that program to create enough space to install another instance of Windows. From that, once I modified permissions, I am able to access the damaged partition. This leads me to the problem I'm having now.

When I check the drive properties I see that 256GB of space is used but when I go into the drive and select all, the total size of all the folders and files is just 467KB. Almost all the folders are empty and 0KB in size. They are also marked as Read Only and I can't seem to change that.

Is there something preventing me from seeing the data? Is there a way I can access the data? I changed 'View' to show hidden but it didn't change anything.

:)

Campbell.jm, Mar 12, 2019

2. My User Folders are mismatched in Library

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the library folders are mismatched in Windows. We will help you.

Lets try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you do a system maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and Go to control panel.
    • Select system and maintenance.
    • There select troubleshooting.
    • In troubleshooting, go to system and security and select
      run maintenance task.
    • Select system maintenance and follow the
      on screen instructions.
    Step 2: I also suggest you to
    try creating a new user account and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account linking a Microsoft account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Note: Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed for any further queries. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Windows defender scan files hogging system drive space

Hi,

We want to know more details about the issue that you’re experiencing with the huge drive space and CPU usage. Please provide us the following information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • During what activity does the CPU get the highest usage?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mismatched Space Usage

System Restore Point Configure - Max Usage Slider at the Left = 0 ?

You can also use the command below in an elevated command prompt to see the current used, allocated, and maximum sizes for each drive you have system protection turned on for.

vssadmin list shadowstorage

This will be the same as step 1 in OPTION TWO below to help. Mismatched Space Usage :)

System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Mismatched Space Usage

1. Mismatched Space Usage - Similar Threads - Mismatched Space Usage

2. Oemid mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oemid mismatch: Oemid mismatch when trying to qflash bios. Can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oemid-mismatch/d60bfd28-4d5e-42c0-ad7b-7c20be844aee
  3. Windows 10 Projection / Connect app using mismatched colour spaces

Windows 10 Projection / Connect app using mismatched colour spaces: Hello,I have been trying to wirelessly extend my Windows 10 laptop display to another Windows 10 PC. However, I noticed that the images casted to the external display connected via VGA were quite blown out. I believe this is because the laptop is casting at a "Full" RGB range...
  4. Mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mismatch: Hello,I need to resolve a mismatch in the number of microsoft licences allocated to users.There is a mismatch on two different microsoft packages.The number of users is in the 100's so would be difficult to locate.Any advice is much appreciated....
  5. Mismatch

Mismatch: Hello,I need to resolve a mismatch in the number of microsoft licences allocated to users.There is a mismatch on two different microsoft packages.The number of users is in the 100's so would be difficult to locate.Any advice is much appreciated....
  6. CRC Mismatch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRC Mismatch: Hi, I have downloaded a file consisting of more parts. There is an app to check the integrity of all parts. I have everything in my smartphone memory. When I copy all these files and run the integrity check in my notebook, everything is ok. If I download the files to a...
  7. Hide folder space usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide folder space usage: Is there a way to hide file space usage so that it doesn't comes up in This PC. I have a big folder in my disk D so it's nearly full, but I don't want my disk D to be shown as full after opening This PC. Is there a way to hide space usage for that folder. Thanks in advance...
  8. Key Mismatch

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Key Mismatch: There's a mismatch in my Microsoft office product key. But it's working fine. How it can be possible? Is it manipulated by someone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-mismatch/bdbd3b18-8e56-42a3-b79a-d2669d9e8125
  9. Mismatch Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mismatch Resolution: So i was playing modern warfare and my friend said that he was hear a static sound so i went to the sound settings and was messing with stuff. Idk what i did and now when i go on modern warfare i get a message saying “This tv does not support the output format, video...
  10. Unexplained disk space usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexplained disk space usage: So I got a new Dell laptop with 120GB SSD, and I installed Windows 10 on it. After installation I had 90GB free space, and that seemed normal because I thought it needed space for all the system files. Then I installed Visual Studio and some minor programs and I was at 70GB....