Windows 10: misplaced laptop - Find my device doesn’t give any valuable info

Discus and support misplaced laptop - Find my device doesn’t give any valuable info in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last time i had my laptop for sure was 7/12/2020. I was traveling out if town. I returned hone 7/15/2020. I cannot locate my laptop bag so i tried to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BryanAll, Jul 19, 2020.

1. BryanAll Win User

misplaced laptop - Find my device doesn’t give any valuable info

Last time i had my laptop for sure was 7/12/2020. I was traveling out if town. I returned hone 7/15/2020.

I cannot locate my laptop bag so i tried to use the find my device tool. When I look at this particular device, it shows a locstion right beside my house but doesnt give me a date. It also shows 0% battery.

How can i detirmine when it was last at that GPS location its displaying? If I know it was at my house 7/16/2020 or after, it rules out a million different possibilties.

:)

BryanAll, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

OneNote for Windows 10. Can't find misplaced folders section

Hi Merlin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Misplaced sections appear in a notebook when OneNote tries to sync changes to a notebook section, but can't find the section file. Misplaced sections will stay in the shared notebook until OneNote finds the new location of the section,
    or until you or someone else moves or deletes the misplaced section.

If you haven’t deleted or moved, I suggest you to try the notes recovery methods you’ve missed out on, suggested in the article
    Find my lost notes, and check
    if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    I could not able to connect any Andriod device to my laptop

Hi Karhtik,

The challenge that you experience when trying to connect your mobile phone to your laptop is due to a possible outdated drivers. For us to better assist you with your concern, we'd like to know the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the Start button and then select Settings.
      In Settings, select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to the issue?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• To do this, type in the search bar on the task bar Troubleshooter
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, then under Device
      > Hardware and Devices. Note that you may be ask to enter your admin username and password to start the process.

If there were no errors found or any issues to fix by the troubleshooter, we suggest that you update the driver.

• Right-click on Start button then select Device Manager.
    • Go to Other Devices then select MTP. Right-click on the device then click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab then click on Update Driver.

If the issue still persist after performing the steps above, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting methods below:

Method 1: Uninstall the driver and then restart your laptop.

• Right-click on the parent device, then select Uninstall device. To restart your laptop, select the
      Start button > Power > Restart.

Before your laptop restarts, you might temporarily lose the connection to other devices. For example, you might temporarily lose the connection to other USB devices.

After your laptop restarts, Windows will automatically install the default driver.

Method 2: Download an updated driver from the laptop's manufacturers' website, and then install it manually.

• Right-click the parent device, then select Update driver >
      Browse my computer for driver software
      and then find the driver you downloaded on your laptop.

You can also check other troubleshooting steps provided by Iheanyi in this
    thread.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Jul 19, 2020
  4. misplaced laptop - Find my device doesn’t give any valuable info

How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

misplaced laptop - Find my device doesn’t give any valuable info

1. misplaced laptop - Find my device doesn’t give any valuable info - Similar Threads - misplaced laptop Find

2. My HP laptop doesn’t show any wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP laptop doesn’t show any wifi connections: My HP laptop won’t show any wifi connections when I click on the no wifi logo. The only two options on there are the airplane mode toggle which won’t work currently and the link to network settings. I’ve tried using the link and trouble shooting but it is yet to fix my...
  3. My HP laptop doesn’t show any wifi connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My HP laptop doesn’t show any wifi connections: My HP laptop won’t show any wifi connections when I click on the no wifi logo. The only two options on there are the airplane mode toggle which won’t work currently and the link to network settings. I’ve tried using the link and trouble shooting but it is yet to fix my...
  4. My HP laptop doesn’t show any wifi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bluetooth not finding any devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not finding any devices: Recently I have tried to connect some Bluetooth devices headphones, PS5 controller to my windows machine but when going to settings > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth, none of the devices I'm trying to connect are showing up. Only a single...
  6. Bluetooth not finding any devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not finding any devices: Recently I have tried to connect some Bluetooth devices headphones, PS5 controller to my windows machine but when going to settings > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth, none of the devices I'm trying to connect are showing up. Only a single...
  7. Bluetooth not finding any devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Can't find any devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't find any devices: I recently got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I can't download any of the games I want to play on to my PC. I constantly keep getting this every time I try to install a game. I do what is told of me and the Laptop that I try to download the games on is linked to the "device" in...
  9. Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote: I tried to resolve a synchronizing problem, so I closed notebooks and OneNote. I had several notes in a misplaced notes sections before closing a Notebook. But when I add the notebook back, all of the misplaced notes disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere...
  10. Stolen Laptop/find my device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen Laptop/find my device: My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because...