Windows 10: Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

Discus and support Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MIKE A, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MIKE A Win User

Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder.
    In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did something that removed the tile and listed, 'photos' in the margin. Clicking on this, the screen opens up showing my lost pictures but in reverse order. Also a vast number of other pictures that are saved in My Docs, but individual folders.

HELP PLEASE. Can I take whatever steps to restore my folders to My Doc's and at the same time prevent windows from ever again making collections.
    Many thanks.
    Mike.

:)

MIKE A, Aug 22, 2015

2. Files Lost after updating Windows 10

I'm not sure. Perhaps open your "This PC" folder, and put this into the search box:

kindMisplaced My Docs folder of pictures. :picture

And let it finish searching and see if it can find all pictures on the entire PC, maybe they just got misplaced?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 22, 2015
  3. OneDrive Camera Roll Missing From File Explorer in Windows 10

The folder name might be being customized by a hidden "desktop.ini" file inside it. This is used often for the "My" folders as they used to be known "My Docs, My Pics, My Videos, etc". When you browse from a network, it would automatically replace it with
    names like "Shawn's Docs, Shawn's Pics..". Very fancy, but it causes confusions like these, and is especially true if the folder is or was redirected into the OneDrive folder.

Here's an example. So if your C:\Users\Name\Pictures folder is being redirected into C:\Users\Name\OneDrive\Old

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

1. Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures. - Similar Threads - Misplaced Docs folder

2. No access to folder and docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No access to folder and docs: I am trying to copy a document folder from a usb-backup disk to a new laptop, but windows tells me I have no access rights. I have admin rights on the old as well as the new computer and tried everything I could think of: taking ownership of the folder/files, setting the...
  3. No access to folder and docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access to folder and docs: I am trying to copy a document folder from a usb-backup disk to a new laptop, but windows tells me I have no access rights. I have admin rights on the old as well as the new computer and tried everything I could think of: taking ownership of the folder/files, setting the...
  4. No access to folder and docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Docs/folders W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Docs/folders W10: Is it possible to make W10 docs/folders to display like old W7 pls? W7 was so simple. W10 is a nightmare in everyway. I've not found one thing work with ease...not one thing....
  6. Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Doc, Music & Pictures folders from start menu: I recently noticed that The subject folders are now missing from my start menu list but are still displayed and shown as tiles in the start menu. I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest updates installed. All the subject folders are listed as "ON" in the Start settings....
  7. Desktop folder misplaced

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop folder misplaced: I had my desktop synced to my OneDrive folder, along with documents pictures and videos, and needed to move them back to the original location. In the process I have lost my desktop folder. It is now the highest level folder on my computer, with my pc, and OneDrive folders...
  8. Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't find misplaced folders section in OneNote: I tried to resolve a synchronizing problem, so I closed notebooks and OneNote. I had several notes in a misplaced notes sections before closing a Notebook. But when I add the notebook back, all of the misplaced notes disappeared. I cannot find them anywhere...
  9. Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?: Hello When unchecking the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and selecting "Show hidden folders, files and drives" in the Folder Options, I can see My Music, My Pictures and My videos library folders appearing in my Documents folder. I have Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Access to A Misplaced WindowsApps System Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to A Misplaced WindowsApps System Folder: After Win 10 Anniversary Update installed I experienced a continuous BSOD. When Dell tech support could not ascertain the cause, I was advised to reformat my C: partition and reinstall Windows. The initial re installation (by Dell) apparently failed to locate & install the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drag drop phot/folders