Windows 10: Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809.

Discus and support Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I had a post in the Feedback Hub that suggested the Search Box have an option to search for Folders, so I was thrilled for about a month... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JackPlatt, Mar 30, 2019.

1. JackPlatt Win User

Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809.

Hey Guys,

I had a post in the Feedback Hub that suggested the Search Box have an option to search for Folders, so I was thrilled for about a month when Microsoft changed the Search option to include Folders, Videos, and Music icons with a simple click!

However, seemingly, with last Tuesday's patch update for 1809, (maybe earlier.) the search has gone back to the way it was before those folders were added. You can still DO folder searches, but they, along with Music and Videos don't show up anymore. We are back to the following:

Present are:

• Apps
    • Settings
    • Documents
    • Photos
    • Web

Gone are:

• Music
    • Folders
    • Videos

The separate "Folders" search is the one that I miss the most!

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    No Search box on new build in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

There were some who have been reporting that Cortana/Search box is missing on their Taskbar. To assist you with the concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how Cortana will appear on your Taskbar.

• Right click the Taskbar.
    • Choose Properties.
    • When Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window opens, uncheck the "Use small taskbar buttons."
    • Click Apply and OK.
    Let us know if it answered your concern.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809.

1. Miss the New Search Options in Windows 10 Build 1809. - Similar Threads - Miss Search Options

2. missing search box option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing search box option: On the latest windows 11 update there was a new feature to show a search box with the Search HighlightsIcon instead of just the search button.When I go now to the personalization/taskbar to activate the searchbox I only get a toggle instead off the dropbox.How do I reenable...
  3. missing search box option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing search box option: On the latest windows 11 update there was a new feature to show a search box with the Search HighlightsIcon instead of just the search button.When I go now to the personalization/taskbar to activate the searchbox I only get a toggle instead off the dropbox.How do I reenable...
  4. Sleep option missing, Hibernate working like sleep on new build

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option missing, Hibernate working like sleep on new build: Problem I built a new PC. When I tell it to hibernate and wait a few seconds for fans and lights to stop, it wakes when I press a key on my keyboard as if it were sleeping. I am pretty sure it is sleeping. Also, "Sleep" is not available in the start menu power options....
  5. Advance Search Options Missing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advance Search Options Missing?: I used to be able to go to the search box in the top right of explorer and do something like type: video, or datemodified: ... etc. For some reason no matter what I type there, it's always just searching the literal string and not allowing advanced search. What...
  6. Windows Search Web Options is missing

in Cortana
    Windows Search Web Options is missing: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 18898. Last week I search for currency in windows search but it's missing from my computer. I looked up in More, but I not have one. Please help me. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 build 1809 questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 build 1809 questions: Two questions: Does Windows 10 build 1809 create a windows.old directory when it installs? is the new windows directory dramatically larger than the previous build was?...
  8. Windows 10 Build 1803/1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Build 1803/1809: My Music folder contains many mp3's, edited using Audacity tags. I started listing these such that the Name column in File Explorer (FE) subsequently displays for example: "She Loves You_The Beatles", as that was how I saved the Audacity edit to my Music folder. Another 6...
  9. Windows 10 Latest build (1809)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Latest build (1809): I am chasing up to get the latest windows 10 build. When i can expect the updated release for download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-build-1809/615e825d-d927-4f00-93cf-cb6a7fcb95b5
  10. Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1809 - Missing Display Options: Windows 10 1809 is missing most Display settings under the Advanced setting in Power Options. Options like dim display, adaptive brightness, etc are all gone after 1809. I've tested on a clean install and an upgrade... same. What's frustrating is Windows enables adaptive...