Windows 10: Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive.

Discus and support Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently been running into the issue of a lack of space on my C drive. On the normal devices and drives page, the drive claims to have 29.7 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ForrestCookman, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive.

I have recently been running into the issue of a lack of space on my C drive. On the normal devices and drives page, the drive claims to have 29.7 GB free out of 475 GB total. This would mathematically mean that 445 GB are used on the C drive. However, when I open the drive, and add up all of the values. Both individual files, and folder values, using the properties tab, I appear to have about 100 GB missing and unaccounted for. Im not sure where the missing space is, I had initially thought it might just be the Windows 10 space needed, but looking on the internet that claims to only need around 20 GB, rather than 100.

:)

ForrestCookman, Sep 22, 2020

2. c drive is missing

Microsoft updated last night and now my c drive is missing. Suggestions?

ValeriePals, Sep 22, 2020
  3. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive.

need a remedy to finish action of C: drive enlargement by deleting drive D: delete volume in ghost modeneed further steps to proceed with C: drive enlargement

delete volume in (ghost mode) need further steps to proceed with C: drive enlargement as required for update to finish due to C: drive is full current size of c: is @ 181.49 GB / free space @ 790 MB: % free is 0. and d: is @ 729.21 GB / free space @
    727.03 GB: % free is 100

Jerry ShaggJenkins, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive.

1. Missing 100 or more GB from my C drive. - Similar Threads - Missing 100 more

2. ~200 GB Unknown chunk on my C drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ~200 GB Unknown chunk on my C drive.: Hi! I got this huge nothing on my SSD. What it could be? Baybe the uninstalled Android subsystem's left trash? Any solution except "format c:" ?Ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/200-gb-unknown-chunk-on-my-c-drive/b9a8affe-5e96-4975-b4f6-de83f32810df
  3. C: drive has only 100 GB of storage available but 931 GB of Space is in an Unallocated Disk...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: drive has only 100 GB of storage available but 931 GB of Space is in an Unallocated Disk...: I created a VM with Hyper-V by mistake and now I have an unallocated Disk with 900 GB of storage sitting there, and my regular C: drive only has 100 GB of storage. How to get rid of the unallocated disk and put all of that storage back on my C drive? Things I have tried:...
  4. 150+ mystery GB on my C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    150+ mystery GB on my C drive: Hi, i know that others have had this issue too, and I read and followed advice to clear out my %temp% folder and deleted other temporary files and stuff, which saved me maybe like 5GB, which is great but it literally says I still have 189GB of stuff in my applications...
  5. Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive

Is it safe to delete this 80 GB file from C: drive: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/bbb613tznq161.png?width=852&format=png&auto=webp&s=b2456d00033473ac9ffd35ed0fd00e26eb816448 submitted by /u/AncutiRadu [link] [comments]...
  6. My c drive shrunk in total gb size?

My c drive shrunk in total gb size?: I reinstalled Windows on my PC transferring files from my laptop. After recovery, I then noticed my PC's C drive total space had shrunk. It's now the same as my laptop and that's around 200GB’s that just vanished in total space. What's going on? :) (I have tried Disk...
  7. My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb

My C drive went from over 400 gb to only 238 gb: I reset my PC and in the process I used my old laptop to get my stuff over For some reason the C drive is now the same as my old laptop I can't locate the missing space I tried in partitions Also I tried cmd Diskpart List disk The missing space does not show up submitted...
  8. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...
  9. C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C drive filled with more than 120 Gb with no evidence of files of this size!: Hello everyone, I am having a problem of C drive disk space. My C drive is 240 Gb. All of my C files including the hidden ones are about 90 Gb. Just two days ago suddenly the C drive got full. I tried to look for files of huge size and nothing exists. I cleared all temp...
  10. Why is there missing GB from my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there missing GB from my hard drive?: Please note i'm not very tech savvy with computers!!! so i may have done something wrong :-( After initialising/formatting an old laptop hard drive to use as a USB external drive I find it missing GB of space!? The hard drive is 320GB. however, it is only showing me that...