Windows 10: Missing 30 GB

Discus and support Missing 30 GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Another disappointment with Windows 10. When I select all files on drive C, I get info that all of the files take up 56.7 GB, but when I look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arzesen, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Arzesen Win User

Missing 30 GB

Another disappointment with Windows 10. When I select all files on drive C, I get info that all of the files take up 56.7 GB, but when I look at the drive C it says 93.3 GB are in use. There is a difference of 36.6 GB between these two reports. Which one can I trust? Where did my 36.6 GB go? I already deleted system restore points, cleaned disk space using ccleaner, and none of that helped. Command prompt command that leads to usage of shadow files returned no results, too.

:)

Arzesen, Jul 31, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 31, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Missing 30 GB

Why is there missing GB from my hard drive?

Hi StrainedVase852

Wiping free space will not harm your hard drive!

With regards to the missing GB's on your hard drive, this is a common enough question . . .

There is actually no missing space on your hard drive, this is caused by the difference in the way hard drive manufacturers calculate drive space and the way Windows does.

One uses a multiplier of 1000 and the other uses a multiplier of 1024

The calculation is shown below:

1 gigabyte according to manufacturers is 1000^3 bytes

1 gigabyte in binary is (2^10)^3 = 2^30 bytes

(1000^3)/(2^30) = approximately 0.931322575

320 GB x 0.931322575 = 298.023224 GB

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Missing 30 GB

1. Missing 30 GB - Similar Threads - Missing

2. Windows 11 missing rdclientax.dll in C:/Windows/System32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 missing rdclientax.dll in C:/Windows/System32: After installing wsl default ubuntu. I keep getting spammed this error. sfc /scannowandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Run with no fixes, or visible change. So I reinstalled RDP components...... by using an elevated powershellGet-WindowsCapability -Online...
  3. Windows 11 missing rdclientax.dll in C:/Windows/System32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 missing rdclientax.dll in C:/Windows/System32: After installing wsl default ubuntu. I keep getting spammed this error. sfc /scannowandDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Run with no fixes, or visible change. So I reinstalled RDP components...... by using an elevated powershellGet-WindowsCapability -Online...
  4. how to fix missing dlls files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix missing dlls files: I have tried everything to try to fix my missing dll files like putting commands in cmd, reinstalling windows, and repair tools and I still get that error, Please help!...
  5. how to fix missing dlls files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix missing dlls files: I have tried everything to try to fix my missing dll files like putting commands in cmd, reinstalling windows, and repair tools and I still get that error, Please help!...
  6. how to fix missing dlls files

7. how do i fix this missing connect button ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix this missing connect button ?: the button that connects the xbox to the pc is no longer there this has happened many times and it now won't return i have updated repair and uninstalled but nothing any help would be great...
  8. how do i fix this missing connect button ?

how do i fix this missing connect button ?: the button that connects the xbox to the pc is no longer there this has happened many times and it now won't return i have updated repair and uninstalled but nothing any help would be great...
  9. Windows 10 missing necessary driver after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 missing necessary driver after recent update: My Dell laptop Win 10 upgrade on a used Win 7 device recently did an update and now I'm unable to start Windows. Blue screen says a necessary driver is missing and to start the device I need to install the driver, etc.Problem is, I have no recovery disc, and can't access the...
  10. Missing tab Go to Apps Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing tab Go to Apps Windows 10: HI, It was installed from Microsoft store Windows AppAfter couple days I can see "Go to Devices" and missing "Go to Apps"Please can you suggest hot to resolve the issue Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 30 gb missing of 250gb