Windows 10: Missing 30 GB

Discus and support Missing 30 GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Another disappointment with Windows 10. When I select all files on drive C, I get info that all of the files take up 56.7 GB, but when I look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arzesen, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Arzesen Win User

Missing 30 GB

Another disappointment with Windows 10. When I select all files on drive C, I get info that all of the files take up 56.7 GB, but when I look at the drive C it says 93.3 GB are in use. There is a difference of 36.6 GB between these two reports. Which one can I trust? Where did my 36.6 GB go? I already deleted system restore points, cleaned disk space using ccleaner, and none of that helped. Command prompt command that leads to usage of shadow files returned no results, too.

:)

Arzesen, Jul 31, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 31, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Missing 30 GB

Why is there missing GB from my hard drive?

Hi StrainedVase852

Wiping free space will not harm your hard drive!

With regards to the missing GB's on your hard drive, this is a common enough question . . .

There is actually no missing space on your hard drive, this is caused by the difference in the way hard drive manufacturers calculate drive space and the way Windows does.

One uses a multiplier of 1000 and the other uses a multiplier of 1024

The calculation is shown below:

1 gigabyte according to manufacturers is 1000^3 bytes

1 gigabyte in binary is (2^10)^3 = 2^30 bytes

(1000^3)/(2^30) = approximately 0.931322575

320 GB x 0.931322575 = 298.023224 GB

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Missing 30 GB

1. Missing 30 GB - Similar Threads - Missing

2. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  3. Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype tile is missing from Start Menu and in Search box shows as tetris tile?!?: Did System Restore on Windows 11 and now my Skype app tile does not show up in Start Menu and Search.Tried Repairing, Resetting, Uninstalling, Reinstalling Skype.Nope.Tried@echo offtaskkill /f /im explorer.exetaskkill /f /im shellexperiencehost.exetimeout /t 3 /NOBREAK >...
  4. How do I get my missing Files back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my missing Files back: When I go to my files and go to one of my drives almost all of the files are gone except for a few, but when I go to search for a file that is missing it says it may have been moved or deleted. It's not in the recycle bin. I then go to installed apps and I can see them, but I...
  5. How do I get my missing Files back

How do I get my missing Files back: When I go to my files and go to one of my drives almost all of the files are gone except for a few, but when I go to search for a file that is missing it says it may have been moved or deleted. It's not in the recycle bin. I then go to installed apps and I can see them, but I...
  6. bitlocker missing in windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker missing in windows 11 pro: Hi ,when i click on bitlocker option from control panel, it's not opening and the bitlocker services not showing in services. MSc, need assistance to fix the issue .....
  7. bitlocker missing in windows 11 pro

bitlocker missing in windows 11 pro: Hi ,when i click on bitlocker option from control panel, it's not opening and the bitlocker services not showing in services. MSc, need assistance to fix the issue .....
  8. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  9. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?: Aspire 3 device I am signed into my outlook email on my account but it does not recognize anything on the app itself; i've tried signing in and it only says "creating account". I have reset and repaired the application a few times to see if that would assist and nothing...
  10. My calendar app does not work. What am I missing?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 30 gb missing of 250gb