Windows 10: Missing 4 Task scheduler for Windows Defender and how to get them back

Discus and support Missing 4 Task scheduler for Windows Defender and how to get them back in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi AllI noticed in Taskschedule Under Microsoft>Windows?>Windows Defender, that the 4 scheduled tasks for windows defender are gone now. They were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RussellTA, May 1, 2021.

1. RussellTA Win User

Missing 4 Task scheduler for Windows Defender and how to get them back

Hi AllI noticed in Taskschedule Under Microsoft>Windows?>Windows Defender, that the 4 scheduled tasks for windows defender are gone now. They were there before and now missingThese are the 4 scheduled tasksWindows Defendercache maintenanceWindows DefendercleanupWindows Defenderscheduled scanWindows DefenderverificationHow do I get those back? Any ideas – really not so importantThanks R Ashenberg

:)

RussellTA, May 1, 2021
  2. Essie_G Win User

Tasks Scheduler is Missing Windows Defender Tasks

Hi .....Windows Defender is no longer soing regular scans...I went to try add a task but found that Task Scheduler does not have any tasks for Windows Defender. ..I followed all the steps in this post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security-winpc/tasks-scheduler-is-missing-windows-defender-tasks/6881117d-92cd-408a-86d6-16ee15628e88
    without any success

How can I resolve this please

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

Essie_G, May 1, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User

Hello Essie_G,

One of the reasons why Windows Defender tasks are not displayed on the Task Scheduler is due to a corrupted registry key on your PC. For us to elaborate the issue further, kindly answer the questions listed below:

• Have you tried scanning your PC manually using Windows Defender? If so, was it successful?
    • Do you have a different antivirus software installed on your PC?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, May 1, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

We appreciate the information that you have provided. It's possible that the Windows Defender Tasks on the Task Scheduler has been damaged, which is why it's missing. You can schedule a scan in Windows Defender, which will scan your PC at your desired
    time and frequency that you choose. This will replace the Windows Defender Tasks that have been damaged. Here's an article that you can visit to see how to do it:

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, May 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Missing 4 Task scheduler for Windows Defender and how to get them back - Similar Threads - Missing Task scheduler

2. how to get back Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get back Windows Defender: how to get back Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-windows-defender/09281ec3-84f0-4cd5-901e-b08acbf664e9
  3. how to get back Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get back Windows Defender: how to get back Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-windows-defender/09281ec3-84f0-4cd5-901e-b08acbf664e9
  4. how to get back Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay a Scheduled Task in Windows 10 Task Scheduler: [ATTACH]People who use their Windows 10 computer as a professional resort must know what an important role the Task Scheduler can play. Deploying your efforts in work may require you to perform certain tasks daily, and you can create and automate these tasks with the help of...
  6. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.: The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this...
  7. Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tasks From Task Scheduler: Hello Everyone My first post, I hope you will be able to help me Windows 10 x64 latest version. Yesterday I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. I started to set up the task scheduler for Ccleaner to clean my Desktop PC at boot. When I opened Task scheduler there...
  8. How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  9. Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments

Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments: I've seen 2 ways to add the full scan argument to MpCmdRun.exe. The first is "-Scan -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). The second is "-Scan -ScheduleJob -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). I can't seem to find anything on the -ScheduleJob parameter. Can someone tell me...
  10. Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.: I've followed instructions for setting up Windows Defender updates with task scheduler but it's not working. Windows defender opens up at the scheduled times but just does nothing. Guides I followed: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update...dates-disabled Manage data usage...