Windows 10: Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything

Discus and support Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/koloniavenus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqldfs/missing_a_personal_folder_in_my_documents_and_ive/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/koloniavenus, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything

/u/koloniavenus, Apr 14, 2021

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything

My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything

1. Missing a personal folder in my documents and I've tried everything - Similar Threads - Missing personal folder

2. My local documents folder is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My local documents folder is missing: I unsynched my onedrive account because i want to house my files locally and not use onedrive. Promptly after doing so my documents folder stopped functioning and then disappeared completely. I need this file for game functionality how do i resolve this?...
  3. My local documents folder is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My local documents folder is missing: I unsynched my onedrive account because i want to house my files locally and not use onedrive. Promptly after doing so my documents folder stopped functioning and then disappeared completely. I need this file for game functionality how do i resolve this?...
  4. Missing 'My Documents' Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing 'My Documents' Folder: I recently discovered that my 'My Documents' folder is gone from my Windows 10 PC. I believe it happened after one of the Windows updates.I contacted MicroSoft and we worked for two hours, but with no luck. We did a system restore to an earlier date, but still not luck. My...
  5. I've done goofed with my documents folder.

I've done goofed with my documents folder.: I wanted to change my documents system folder location from C:\ to D:\. Yes, I now know that if you just select the new location as plain D:\ in the location tab, it takes over your entire D:\ and you cannot separate between the two. But I discovered this only after I did it....
  6. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  7. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...
  8. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything

I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything: I downloaded notepad ++ from a third party because I needed an older version, but it also installed a program SAntivirus, which I cannot delete no matter what I do. I've tried all the third party things, access denied, I tried all the basic things like through task manager,...
  9. Missing 'Documents' folder

Missing 'Documents' folder: I just booted up my new PC with an SSD primary drive and a secondary HDD for storage. I was attempting to relocate my default user folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, etc) to the HDD and somehow screwed it up. I started with the Documents folder and realized I had messed...
  10. My Documents folder is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    My Documents folder is missing: Hello all I have just formatted my PC last Monday, and i have installed drivers and Steam and American Truck Simulator. I know that my saves and mods are in My Documents folder and ATS loads still fine after the folder is missing. When I go to C:\Users\drfee there is a...