Windows 10: Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

Discus and support Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently removed my HDD and added an empty SSD into my ASUS laptop, after I turn on my laptop it boots me into BIOS and the Boot Menu is empty, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamKolozsi, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

I recently removed my HDD and added an empty SSD into my ASUS laptop, after I turn on my laptop it boots me into BIOS and the Boot Menu is empty, in Advanced Settings -> Boot there are just two options, Fast Boot and Delete Boot Option, there's no Add Boot Option and my laptop can't boot, I always end up in BIOS, I am not that skilled in tech and stuff so I can't solve this and need help, thank you very much

:)

AdamKolozsi, Oct 11, 2021
  2. OssianLtd Win User

No boot option in BIOS after attempting to revert back to Windows 8.1 from 10 on lenovo edge e545

Did anyone come up with a solution for this?

I have an E545, originally WIn8.0 that ran out of battery during an update to 8.1

Now it will boot to a blank screen, and no further

As in picture above, the BIOS is missing the setup option (so cannot access / change boot order)

Enter then F12 on boot doesn't give me a list of boot devices to do a recovery (although the BIOS lists the DVD)

My next step is to pull the HD and delete all partitions, then try the recovery again

OssianLtd, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Oct 11, 2021
  4. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

1. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS - Similar Threads - Missing Add Boot

2. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  3. No option to boot from SSD in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to boot from SSD in BIOS: Hi.Recently I installed a 128GB SSD in my HP Pavillion gaming 15 ec009ax which earlier only had 1TB HDD installed. I migrated the Windows from HDD to SSD using the mini tool partition wizard but I can not set the SSD as the boot device in the BIOS. It only shows the HDD as...
  4. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS: I recently removed my HDD and added an empty SSD into my ASUS laptop, after I turn on my laptop it boots me into BIOS and the Boot Menu is empty, in Advanced Settings -> Boot there are just two options, Fast Boot and Delete Boot Option, there's no Add Boot Option and my...
  5. Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Add Boot Option" in BIOS: I recently removed my HDD and added an empty SSD into my ASUS laptop, after I turn on my laptop it boots me into BIOS and the Boot Menu is empty, in Advanced Settings -> Boot there are just two options, Fast Boot and Delete Boot Option, there's no Add Boot Option and my...
  6. Help with Add Boot Option Laptop will not boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with Add Boot Option Laptop will not boot.: My system will not boot so I am unable to follow the BSOD instructions. This is a Dell Inspiron 3580 laptop, less than a year old. OS is Windows 10, I don't know the version. My laptop crashed after trying to use System Restore to correct a problem. The message was it could...
  7. Can’t access boot options in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t access boot options in BIOS: In the BIOS I can’t get into the boot settings unless I have my HDD plugged in. So I took the HDD out and installed e SSD so that it could only launch off SSD and now in the bios it’s not even letting me choose what to use as boot option 1. If I check the boot sequence by...
  8. Missing options in advanced BIOS settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing options in advanced BIOS settings: [IMG]The only option in advanced settings is CPU Setup. I’m looking for memory remapping, but can’t find it anywhere. I have a Lenovo Erazer X315. Any help?...
  9. SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not appearing as a boot option in BIOS: I recently cloned my system to my SSD (laptop crashed, when it got fixed windows was installed on my hard drive instead, but laptop came with SSD). I am trying to set it as the boot option in BIOS, but it isn't appearing. The SSD is working fine normally, as I said I...
  10. Microsoft Boot Option in My Bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Boot Option in My Bios: Hi, I run windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8920 computer. Until just a few days ago there were only (3) boot options in my bios and they are Windows Boot Manager, Onboard NIC (IPV4) and (IPV6). Now, suddenly, out of nowhere, there is a fourth option named (microsoft). I have no...