Windows 10: Missing Admin and User after auto win10 update

Discus and support Missing Admin and User after auto win10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My win10 did an auto update and when it rebooted the Admin/User account is missing with 2 unknown guest accounts. I logged in with admin password and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MauiFrank, Jul 22, 2018.

1. MauiFrank Win User

Missing Admin and User after auto win10 update

My win10 did an auto update and when it rebooted the Admin/User account is missing with 2 unknown guest accounts. I logged in with admin password and it tried to boot but message states that an error has occurred hit enter and it reboots again.

I found article that recommended

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

Step 2: To create a new administrative user account follow the steps below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-administrator-account-is-missing-after/b9051b45-ada7-486f-a3ec-dadaa80d73fa

How do I get command prompt to execute? or is there an other solution?

:)

MauiFrank, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Jul 22, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Admin and User after auto win10 update - Similar Threads - Missing Admin User

2. User folder is missing + admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User folder is missing + admin permissions: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed. In order to solve a problem with Photoshop 2023, I am supposed to follow this path:Navigate to /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 SettingsSelect that file File>Get InfoUnder...
  3. User folder is missing + admin permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User folder is missing + admin permissions: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed. In order to solve a problem with Photoshop 2023, I am supposed to follow this path:Navigate to /Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2020 SettingsSelect that file File>Get InfoUnder...
  4. User as Admin Missing Deleted accidently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User as Admin Missing Deleted accidently: Hello, Windows Community. Recently i tried to deleted an user call "USER" but it is like act as an admin, now even i tried to restor my windows it cannot. or do open any applicationRUN AS ADMINISTARTOR asking the password and user but its missing theres only NO Option theres...
  5. User as Admin Missing Deleted accidently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User as Admin Missing Deleted accidently: Hello, Windows Community. Recently i tried to deleted an user call "USER" but it is like act as an admin, now even i tried to restor my windows it cannot. or do open any applicationRUN AS ADMINISTARTOR asking the password and user but its missing theres only NO Option theres...
  6. user local and admin accounts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user local and admin accounts missing: Since a about a week my local user account and my admin account are gone. With it, the documents, pictures and downloads directories are nearly empty, only the most recent documents are listed. Luckily I save most of my documents on other drives but I would like to find my...
  7. New User Full Admin - Auto Log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Full Admin - Auto Log in: Win 10 pro How do I create a new user account with full admin rights. Then make it so that when I switch on the laptop, that account appears on the welcome screen first and logs in automatically (without the need for a password every time) Asus Pu511a 4gb ram core i5 122662
  8. New User Full Admin - Auto Log in

in Windows 10 Support
    New User Full Admin - Auto Log in: Win 10 pro How do I create a new user account with full admin rights. Then make it so that when I switch on the laptop, that account appears on the welcome screen first and logs in automatically (without the need for a password every time) Asus Pu511a 4gb ram core i5 122662
  9. Software missing after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software missing after Win10 update: Hi, I got my new laptop yesterday and installed several softwares. Everything is fine and Win10 started update itself at night, then when the update is finished, all my new softwares are gone... I am very disappointed by this issue and could you how me how to solve it?...
  10. Bluetooth is missing after auto update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is missing after auto update: When I went to sleep last night, my desktop had Bluetooth. When I woke up this morning, my computer had turned itself off after an automatic update. When I turned it back on, my Bluetooth devices wouldn't work. I clicked in and underneath the device it said, "Bluetooth off"....