Windows 10: Missing all files stopping me from running steam games

Discus and support Missing all files stopping me from running steam games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Downloaded a game from steam (have tried reinstalling multiple times) Got an error saying that d3dx9_31.dll is missing and XINPUT1_3.dll is missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jacobisbatman123, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Missing all files stopping me from running steam games

Downloaded a game from steam (have tried reinstalling multiple times)

Got an error saying that d3dx9_31.dll is missing and XINPUT1_3.dll is missing

Tried updating direct x but my system says there are no updates

Tried to download directx9 but my computer is blocking the installation

Tried to download the individual dll files and got this now causes an 0xc000007b error when I try to run my game

Trying to use regsvr and regsvr32 to register the files came up with an entry point error

Can’t seem to find any other information or ideas

Even did a system check and fix for corrupted files but that did nothing either

submitted by /u/Jacobisbatman123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jacobisbatman123, Feb 8, 2021

2. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please confirm a few things for me.

1. Is this issue occurring with ‘Steam’ being installed on your system?
    2. Have you checked if the controller still works on your Windows when ‘Steam’ is not running in the background?

Please check with the following methods.

Method 1:

Stop the process for steam in task manager and check with this.

You can stop ‘Steam’ running in the background by following the steps below:

1. Press ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘Esc’. This will launch the ‘Task Manager’.
    2. Click on the ‘Details’ tab, you should be able to locate the ‘steam.exe’ process if ‘Steam’ is running in the background.
    3. Right-click on it and select ‘End process tree’ to stop the ‘Steam’ running in the background.
    4. Check if the controller is still working on the Desktop.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check the settings in the Steam application. You may follow the steps below:

1. Launch the ‘Steam’ application, click on ‘Settings’.
    2. You should be able to locate the ‘Controller’ option under ‘Settings’.
    3. Under ‘Controller Configuration’, click on the ‘Desktop Configuration’. Please confirm the settings there.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Feb 8, 2021
  4. BossDweeb Win User

Missing all files stopping me from running steam games

Steam Game Issue

Some details of what is, or is not happening may help, but if you have a lot of games not working the problem could be

due to a corrupt Steam Client.

You can find help for reinstalling/repairing the Steam Client in your Steam...

Help > Steam Support > Steam Client > Steam Crashes ( Click this tab for troubleshooting suggestions).

- Some games require you to run Steams Verify Integrity of Game Files after each of the Win10 version\feature updates.

BossDweeb, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Missing all files stopping me from running steam games

1. Missing all files stopping me from running steam games - Similar Threads - Missing files stopping

2. Windows Defender is stopping me from running my games

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is stopping me from running my games: Hifor the last few weeks windows defender has been stopping me from running games that I have had installed for years and worked perfectly.the error that it's picking up is that steam_api.dll is a virus. the thing is that while this is a cracked file I've been using it for...
  3. Steam says Game is running but it is not showing

in Windows 10 News
    Steam says Game is running but it is not showing: [ATTACH]Steam is one of the most popular gaming launchers in the world. It’s used and loved by a huge chunk of the gaming industry. So, when they complain about an issue, you know it’s serious. As of late, many users have complained that Steam says the game is running – but...
  4. are all steam games available on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are all steam games available on windows 11: okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?...
  5. are all steam games available on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are all steam games available on windows 11: okay so I am two steps away from upgrading to Windows 11 and I just want to make sure that all steam games run on windows 11. so is it a good idea to play steam games in windows 11 or should I wait for a few more weeks/months?...
  6. Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing: All of a sudden my Steam and all Steam games started crashing. These were working until 17/08. I didn't play for a week and they started crashing from 23/08. The only thing that I can think of that i installed during this time is Visual Studio 2015 Community. I tried after...
  7. all wondows games in one file like steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all wondows games in one file like steam: hello :) i think windows games need to be like steam by using one folder to install games in :) so you can move this folder to D drive and keep the SSD for windows what do you think :)...
  8. missing dll files when trying to run games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing dll files when trying to run games: i recently installed windows 10 on a fresh computer but when i tried to run any of the games i downloaded i got three errors 1. d3dx9_43.dll missing 2. MSVCP100.dll missing 3. MSVCR100.dll missing someone please help me !...
  9. Windows 10 update stops me from playing all my games.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update stops me from playing all my games.: A few days before 10 08 2018, there was a windows 10 update. I did not agree, i did not start it... and it automatically updates after i went to the toilet... It was a super long update, which felt familiar. After the long update, i cant play any games. And i...
  10. Can't Run Steam Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Run Steam Games: I just finished building my PC, and I downloaded DirectX but Im getting an alert from Xenuine with error code 00000A00/0019 and MSVCP140.dll, what do i need to download in order to run my games?...