Windows 10: Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in sys tray

Discus and support Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in sys tray in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Up until yesterday the little shield for Windows Defender was always in the hidden icons box that I could open down in lower right corner. It still... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RyeEncoke, Apr 14, 2019.

1. RyeEncoke Win User

Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in sys tray

Up until yesterday the little shield for Windows Defender was always in the hidden icons box that I could open down in lower right corner. It still shows as running in task manager and I do use another anti-virus, but it concerns me that the shield icon is no longer showing. I did have a windows update just a couple days ago and that might have changed something and I only noticed this morning the missing icon. Is there something I can do to verify that Defender is indeed still working other than looking in task manager? Why is the icon no longer in hidden icons and is there a way I can get that back?

:)

RyeEncoke, Apr 14, 2019
  2. amuzeini Win User

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Have this problem too. Network and volume icons refuse to show together. If I disable both then enable network icon, it shows. Then if I enable the sound icon, the network icon disappears. The real problem is not so much this, but that the missing icon is
    not even showing in the hidden area of sys tray. Same with other icons. Enabling one is at the cost of something else disappearing. Annoying as ****. And if the only solution (as suggested) is to re-install windows, I can only laugh. Hope someone can provide
    a 'reasonable' solution.

amuzeini, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Show Hidden Icon tray messing up.

So after i updated my windows 10, for some reason, whenever i click show hidden icons, half of the icon don't show and a bit of the tray is under the taskbar. I accidentally dragged my wifi thing to the hidden icons tray, now i cant bring it back. Help
    please.

KrishnaMutha, Apr 14, 2019
  4. DougPiper Win User

Synaptics Touchpad Icon not showing up in sys Tray Notification

Synaptics Touchpad Icon not showing up in sys Tray Notification

DougPiper, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in sys tray - Similar Threads - Missing icon show

2. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  3. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  4. hidden icons shows the wrong icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hidden icons shows the wrong icons: all my apps are shown as windows icons what to do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-icons-shows-the-wrong-icons/81811e57-c7b6-45ab-a322-423ba27e939c
  5. Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.: Good evening! I have noticed that I have something running on my computer in the hidden icon tray that is always invisible. I have deleted and refreshed my windows explorer icon memory in the registry editor and restarted the windows explorer in the process manager, yet...
  6. Show hidden icons chevron missing some individual icons…

in Windows 10 Support
    Show hidden icons chevron missing some individual icons…: Hi, I seem to remember the show hidden icons chevron at the bottom right of the screen always showed a shield shaped icon with a tick confirming there was no security problems. If there was a problem the tick changed to an exclamation mark (I think I have the description...
  7. Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the "Show Hidden Icons" Icon?: I have customized and replaced some icons in the system tray; Speakers, Network and the "Safely remove hardware" icons. I'd like to change the "Show Hidden Icons" icon too but can't find any information where that icon is stored. Does anybody know? 135947
  8. Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in taskbar: Up until yesterday the little shield for Windows Security was always in the hidden icons box that I could open down in lower right corner. It still shows as running in task manager and I do use another anti-virus, but it concerns me that the shield icon is no longer showing....
  9. Icon missing in tray

Icon missing in tray: My One drive icon keep disappearing from the icon tray, I have a method to restore it. But then it kept on missing when i restart my laptop or when I switch the laptop back on. I believe I have followed all the guidance on keeping it permanent, but it doesn't work at all...
  10. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always show hidden icons on taskbar