Windows 10: Missing App Icons on Taskbar

Discus and support Missing App Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Menendon, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Menendon Win User

Missing App Icons on Taskbar

No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but it still didn't work. I've included a screenshot for reference.

Missing App Icons on Taskbar [​IMG]

:)

Menendon, Dec 22, 2015
  2. Linney Win User
    Linney, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Harna Win User

I had an issue similar, however a quick restart solved my issue!

Harna, Dec 22, 2015
  5. Menendon Win User
    Unfortunately this issue has been shortly after I installed Win 10, and has persisted through many restarts.

Menendon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing App Icons on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Missing App Icons

2. Taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons missing: When i open my windows after sleep the icons on my taskbar seem to be missing. after i click on space where my icons used to be that particular icon goes back to normal. Is this a bug? If yes i hope it gets fixed soon....
  3. App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11: Annoying issue when program logos aren't seen in windows 11 taskbar, tried restart and all suggestions, this issue resurfaces with regularity. bing search results should pull up something fresh and relevant to solve this issue .NET family!! * Moved from Insider...
  4. App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11

App Icons missing in Taskbar on Windows 11: Annoying issue when program logos aren't seen in windows 11 taskbar, tried restart and all suggestions, this issue resurfaces with regularity. bing search results should pull up something fresh and relevant to solve this issue .NET family!! * Moved from Insider...
  5. Taskbar Icons missing.

Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  6. Taskbar Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar Icons missing.: I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11. Some of my taskbar icons became invisible. When I say I tried all the fixes short of wiping my hard drive, I truly did. I downgraded back to Win 10. All was well for a few weeks until today. While using my laptop, some icons suddenly...
  7. Missing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing icons in taskbar: I don't why, but I have at least, constantly, one icon missing in my taskbar. since some days I can't display all of them with the settings. Currently, the sound icon is missing. Any idea? https://i.imgur.com/vgclbaR.png The white part on the screenshot is disappearing too...
  8. Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon missing for mail and other apps.: [ATTACH] This is the mail icon on the taskbar. I also had this happen last installation to Groove music. Nothing I did resolved it. How do I fix it?...
  9. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...
  10. Missing Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Taskbar Icons: Whenever I run a Windows 10 specific app, such as Edge, Store, Weather, etc, It opens properly, but the icon on the taskbar is simply a square with a line under it if it is active and only the line shows when it is inactive. If I pin a Windows 10 app to the taskbar, there is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps on taskbar missing

2. fix missing groove music taskbar icon