Windows 10: Missing app in Task Manager

Discus and support Missing app in Task Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, all. I am using the Arduino IDE for programming and the app is not showing up in the Task Manager. I have rebooted several times and it has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mlohdael, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Missing app in Task Manager

Hello, all.

I am using the Arduino IDE for programming and the app is not showing up in the Task Manager. I have rebooted several times and it has not solved the problem. In order to close the program, I have to completely reboot the computer. I cannot find anything online that shows just ONE specific program missing from Task Manager, just if ALL processes/apps are missing.

Please help.

submitted by /u/mlohdael
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mlohdael, Mar 22, 2020

2. icons are missing when the task manager is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• How are you trying to turn off Task Manger?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 22, 2020
  3. icons of task manager missing

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done on your end?
    • Have you tried running the Windows Update Troubleshooter? If no, kindly check this

link
      to download the Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows 10.
    We also suggest you check this
    link
    to know how to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Missing app in Task Manager

Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Missing app in Task Manager

1. Missing app in Task Manager - Similar Threads - Missing app Task

2. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  3. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  4. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. GPU section in Task Manager missing

GPU section in Task Manager missing: I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and whenever I go to task manager under processes I can't see the GPU section. I can see it under the performance section the one with the graphs, but not in the processes page. I looked at the settings and it doesn't have an option to show...
  6. Explorer is missing from task manager

Explorer is missing from task manager: Hi everyone,My laptop is running Windows 11 22H2. For some reason I don't see explorer in task manager. I tried restarting but it didn't work. There is a registery key named SeparateProcess in...
  7. Missing d3d12.dll for TASK MANAGER.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing d3d12.dll for TASK MANAGER.: "The code execution cannot proceed because d3d12.dll was not found"The only solution I've seen for this error is to reinstall the application, however, I'm getting this error for task manager. Is there a way to reinstall task manager or any other way to fix this error?...
  8. Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings: After updating my Window OS from 1909 to 20H2, few of my apps went missing in the startup menu like steam, discord, and other. Programs like Phone, Intel Corporation and the likes are still there. Anyone knows the reason as to why it’s happening and how to solve it?...
  9. Missing app on task manager Startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing app on task manager Startup menu: Hi, i just happen to notice that some of my app has been dissapear from the startup menu in task manager, this keep them keep turning on everytime i boot my laptop, some app missing such as Epic Games launcher, Steam game launcher and so on, how can i fix this issue? My...
  10. Task Manager Startup Items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startup Items missing: This is weird. It's empty. [img] The Services are all On in System Configuration. [img] Restarted & everything. What could be the problem? *Eek 132611