Windows 10: Missing Apps After Reset

Discus and support Missing Apps After Reset in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I have "Reset" my Win10 and I have noticed that I am missing some default apps: - Microsoft Store - Groove Music - Photos... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NikolaLazovic1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Missing Apps After Reset

Hello,

Yesterday I have "Reset" my Win10 and I have noticed that I am missing some default apps:

- Microsoft Store

- Groove Music

- Photos

- Voice Recorder

- Calculator

- Mail Outlook

Actually I cant even write all down. Whats going on? I cant even download those from the Store.

Also there is trouble with Cursor Speed. I have scrolled that to the max and still not good enough.

When ever I start up I get couple notifications, Win is forcing me to use Microsoft Edge as default browser which is not going to happend.

So whats going on? Any thoughts, resolvings...

Thanks

:)

NikolaLazovic1, Feb 10, 2020

2. missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Missing Apps After Reset

Mail App Missing and then not installing

Hi Golly,

There are a lot of possibilities why your
    Mail App
    were missing. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried running
      SFC and DISM to troubleshoot the issue?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In downloading
    Mail App, it is possible that the
    components
    of the
    Windows Store
    were corrupted. We suggest that you
    Reset
    your
    Windows Store
    and
    download
    the
    Mail App
    again.
    To Reset
    the
    Windows Store, just press
    Windows key + R
    and type
    WSReset.exe. By
    resetting
    your
    Windows Store, it will reinstall its components which will resolve any
    corrupted files.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Missing Apps After Reset

1. Missing Apps After Reset - Similar Threads - Missing Apps Reset

2. preinstalled apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preinstalled apps missing after reset: Hello,I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled about 2 months ago. It came with McAfee softwares preinstalled, which I removed immediately. Earlier this week, I had to reset the laptop. Normally, when I do this, everything that was preinstalled comes back....
  3. preinstalled apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    preinstalled apps missing after reset: Hello,I bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 11 preinstalled about 2 months ago. It came with McAfee softwares preinstalled, which I removed immediately. Earlier this week, I had to reset the laptop. Normally, when I do this, everything that was preinstalled comes back....
  4. preinstalled apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  6. Missing apps after a reset

Missing apps after a reset: I had lost the Bluetooth in device manager-I'm not sure when. I did a system reset and it moved all the apps to a "removed folder". I had not reinstalled them and was still having problems, so I tried another reset and in doing so lost the previse folder and also lost the...
  7. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi, I had to do a total reset of my laptop and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list. I have done a search here and tried the troubleshooting...
  8. Windows Store app missing after factory reset

Windows Store app missing after factory reset: I deleted everything from my C: folder to move it to a new drive. That messed things up so I reset my computer optioning to remove all files. After the reset, the windows store app is missing. I tried using windows powershell to fix it and found an error up to ....
  9. All default apps missing after system reset

All default apps missing after system reset: Hello all, Recently I attempted to go through with a new windows update (insider preview Build 18932.rs_prerelease.190628-1650). However, at the very end of the update my computer failed with an INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error. From there, I got into the recovery menu, and...
  10. Windows Apps Missing After Reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps Missing After Reset: Hello, so a few days ago I couldn't get past my lock screen I entered my password it showed a loading circle and again took me to lock screen I was in an infinite loop I had to reset my PC it was the only option I had after resetting I noticed my windows apps are gone...