Windows 10: Missing apps at times

Discus and support Missing apps at times in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I performed a clean installation of windows 10 ( 1703 ), I found some store apps in the start menu but I don't update them, then I install ( 1709 )... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ahmmad Hegazy, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Missing apps at times

I performed a clean installation of windows 10 ( 1703 ), I found some store apps in the start menu but I don't update them, then I install ( 1709 ) from an iso file on the same version , sometimes I found facebook app. And in this time I don't find it, same like microsoft solitare app. And if I uninstall any app either comes with the windows or I installed it, is that harmful my system or the windows ?

:)

Ahmmad Hegazy, Nov 20, 2017

2. apps ive downloaded open up at random times and a unknown app trying to get through my firewall?

Please answer ALL of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions by number, preferably without quoting my post:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer?

2. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled, did you do a clean install of Win10, or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

3. Who manufactured the computer (e.g., Dell; HP; Acer; Lenovo; ASUS)?

4. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool?

6. What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

================================================

Marking one or more replies as ANSWER at any point will officially close your thread (and stop the email alerts). HELPFUL votes very much appreciated at anytime. Thank you.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 20, 2017
  3. apps ive downloaded open up at random times and a unknown app trying to get through my firewall?

Which version of Windows 10 is installed?

If its Windows 10 1709:

Open Start > Settings > Accounts > sign-in options

Scroll down to Privacy

Toggle off

Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

If its not, try scanning your computer using the following instructions:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-virus-in...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 20, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

Missing apps at times

It's Windows. There is an app issue. Some apps appear, and some don't. I reinstalled a fresh copy on my laptop after the apps appeared, and disappeared, but that did not work. Hopefully Microsoft will wake up, and fix this issue. My desktop is working fine with the exception of freezing every now, and then. So I updated the video drivers. So far so good on the desktop, but the icon issues is still there or not there on the laptop.

debsawyer, Nov 20, 2017
  5. Thank 's a lot

Ahmmad Hegazy, Nov 20, 2017
  6. debsawyer Win User
    No problem
    Missing apps at times [​IMG]

debsawyer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing apps at times

1. Missing apps at times - Similar Threads - Missing apps times

2. Estimate time is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Estimate time is missing: Hi community,I had an update on windows 11 but estimate time was missing in windows update setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-time-is-missing/50c42f5f-9ddd-4a3e-ad64-04757fd30099
  3. Estimate time is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Estimate time is missing: Hi community,I had an update on windows 11 but estimate time was missing in windows update setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-time-is-missing/50c42f5f-9ddd-4a3e-ad64-04757fd30099
  4. Missing App

Missing App: I am missing the defragmentation and optimization app from windows 10. How do I retrieve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-app/56563036-2e5d-41bd-8341-dddeed27366e
  5. Missing app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing app: I allowed a tech person have control of my PC, who pretended to know how to fix my PC. In the process he deleted a photo app that was installed on the PC when I bought it. I think the name was Photo365, and it was purple in color. How can I retrieve the app without paying for...
  6. App Missing

App Missing: Hi, I am trying to set up kids Garmins and I need to download Garmin Connect. Store said I already own it. It isn't in my app lists and I cannot work out what to do.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-missing/99458b1e-ec08-44e7-bc6e-3524c126c0af
  7. Missing Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Missing Apps: I have had a new hard drive fitted to my Dell laptop and a number of apps have gone. When I try to download them from the Apps store they say I already own them but I can't download them...
  8. Missing App

Missing App: I have just downloaded wikicamps Australia but i am unable to find it anywhere on my pc windows 10. I believe it has installed it the another device which I do not have as the numbers shown for the device did not match my current device. I have checked that the purchase...
  9. Missing Apps

Missing Apps: I have upgraded to W10 from W7, but a lot of the apps are missing, including the store app. Is there somewhere to go to download missing apps? Thank You 21532
  10. Missing 24-hour time format in weather app

Missing 24-hour time format in weather app: Hi, at the moment it does not seem to be possible to use 24-hour time in weather app. It shows am/pm values. As you know, whole Europe uses 24-hour time so am/pm is difficult to understand. Also, it should be possible to select m/s for wind speed since km/h is not...