Windows 10: Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings

Discus and support Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After updating my Window OS from 1909 to 20H2, few of my apps went missing in the startup menu like steam, discord, and other. Programs like Phone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CHiA-ZS, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings

After updating my Window OS from 1909 to 20H2, few of my apps went missing in the startup menu like steam, discord, and other. Programs like Phone, Intel Corporation and the likes are still there. Anyone knows the reason as to why it’s happening and how to solve it?

submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CHiA-ZS, Feb 2, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Feb 2, 2021
  3. My Phone app is now listed in task manager's startup tab

If you don't want the app, use Revo Uninstaller Portable to uninstall it.

It has a function to specifically uninstall Store apps.

Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings [​IMG]

OldNavyGuy, Feb 2, 2021
  4. pepanee Win User

Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings

Task Manager Startup Items missing

Download WhatInStartup by NirSoft. It's a very small app that should show exactly each item in your Startup tab)

WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup
    (scroll down for the download link)

Does it show anything in there?

(On my computer, WhatInStartup shows each application that is listed in the Task Manager Startup tab).

pepanee, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings

1. Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings - Similar Threads - Missing apps Startup

2. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  3. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.: Since a month or so, I have been trying to find a solution but I can't find it. I have tried methods like sfc and DISM scan. I have also deleted and remade the folder for startup apps but nothing helps. Though it is missing from settings, I can still find it in task manager....
  4. Startup apps option is missing from settings but it is in Task Manager.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  6. Programs listed in Settings>Startup Apps and Task Manager>Startup tab do not automatically...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs listed in Settings>Startup Apps and Task Manager>Startup tab do not automatically...: Some programs that are listed in both the Startup Apps and the Startup tab of the Task Manager do not automatically start when the system boots. In any event, I think programs that are listed in the Startup Apps and the Startup tab of the Task Manager should automatically...
  7. Missing app on task manager Startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing app on task manager Startup menu: Hi, i just happen to notice that some of my app has been dissapear from the startup menu in task manager, this keep them keep turning on everytime i boot my laptop, some app missing such as Epic Games launcher, Steam game launcher and so on, how can i fix this issue? My...
  8. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  9. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  10. Missing Startup tabs and partial Performace stats in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Startup tabs and partial Performace stats in task manager: Hi, I am unsure how this happened but just yesterday when i looked opened my taskmanager on Windows 10 build 1809, the startup tab is missing. The other issues are that disk,network and GPU stats are greyed out and performance tab is also missing a few graphs. So I then...