Windows 10: Missing Backup Status Overlays...

Discus and support Missing Backup Status Overlays... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Day, For a while my Overlays stopped appearing on my files (I use Norton 360). I did everything the chat boards recommended to get them back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tamantha71, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Missing Backup Status Overlays...

Good Day,

For a while my Overlays stopped appearing on my files (I use Norton 360). I did everything the chat boards recommended to get them back but nothing worked. The files are being backed up; I checked the backup drive for several files and they are there and current. I just miss the little blue chevrons and the green check marks to tell me what needs to be backed up.

Now, due to a separate issue, I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro and the overlays have returned but only in the Save As screen. In the standard File Explorer windows, there are still no overlays. I'm not sure what the difference is between these types of windows but I sure would like to get my overlays back in the standard File Explorer windows.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone may be able to provide.

Thank you...

:)

Tamantha71, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jul 9, 2019
  3. AGomes# Win User
    Onedrive Sync Overlays missing

Thanks Kahtleen!

Is this reset for OneDrive icon to appear on the task bar, or for the missing status overlays in the files?

AGomes#, Jul 9, 2019
  4. AGomes# Win User

Missing Backup Status Overlays...

Onedrive Sync Overlays missing

Thanks again Kahtleen, but I asked what are these procedure for?

As I said in the original post the user is already using the last version and syncing is OK, just *some* file status overlays are missing.

AGomes#, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Missing Backup Status Overlays...

1. Missing Backup Status Overlays... - Similar Threads - Missing Backup Status

2. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file: sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-icon-showing-on-status-bar-but-not-overlay-on/cfd194b4-6062-48cd-abe3-b75e1adee4fb
  3. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file: sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-icon-showing-on-status-bar-but-not-overlay-on/cfd194b4-6062-48cd-abe3-b75e1adee4fb
  4. sync icon showing on status bar but not overlay on that file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume and media overlay is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume and media overlay is missing: Contrary to popular opinion, I use my media overlay a lot. I really like it. After a recent restart of my computer, it disappeared. The volume change buttons as well as the brightness ones still work, the overlay is just gone. Google has told me that most people have this...
  6. Windows 10 update/backup icon overlay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update/backup icon overlay: [IMG] Hello everyone! There is an icon in the bottom right corner of my screen, which looks like an update or backup icon. I don't know what it is, but it displays over everything, which is annoying and when I try to screenshot it, it doesn't show up in the screenshot,...
  7. S.M.A.R.T status bad Backup and replace

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    S.M.A.R.T status bad Backup and replace: S.M.A.R.T status bad Backup and replace … this error shows up whenever I boot up my pc... what are the possibilities to fix this issue or needed to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-status-bad-backup-and-replace/880bd8f6-a4d2-438d-929e-07ba0633f2ba
  8. Missing Status Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Status Bar: I recently had to reset my windows 10 pc. Everything is working better and properly except my status bar is missing. I have already looked and the "show status bar" optioned is checked. Need help please and thank you....
  9. Onedrive Sync Overlays missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Sync Overlays missing: Dear, thank you for your attention! In one of my users there are some files in a synced folder without the green mark, but some files have it. All files are synced and the icon in the taskbar is OK. We are using 19.062.0331.0006, but on Win 10 1703 - no Sync On Demand...
  10. user profile status set to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    user profile status set to backup: how to I repair my user account. every time I log on windows preps it as if it is new account,. lost power when shut down after installing software , wouldn't boot afterwards, used windows 10 repair disk and now boots but cant sign on , I had a standard account just in case...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backup status overlays