Windows 10: Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files

Discus and support Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Biometrics is missing in Device Manager on my Alienware 17 R4, One of the possible solutions I found on the Web was to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeBary_FL, Sep 14, 2019.

1. DeBary_FL Win User

Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files

Biometrics is missing in Device Manager on my Alienware 17 R4, One of the possible solutions I found on the Web was to go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver, right clich on Helloface.inf and select Install. I did that but it didnt restore the Biometrics option in Device Manager. Now I find that, not only is the Biometrics option missing, but the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver subdirectory is also missing. Anyone know of a way to manually reinstall the Win Hello drivers? Yes, I know that I could reinstall Windows, but there should be a simpler way to do it.

:)

DeBary_FL, Sep 14, 2019
  2. DeBary_FL Win User

Biometrics is missing in Device Manager on my Alienware 17 R4, One of the possible solutions I found on the Web was to go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver, right clich on Helloface.inf and select Install. I did that but it didnt restore
    the Biometrics option in Device Manager. Now I find that, not only is the Biometrics option missing, but the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver subdirectory is also missing. Anyone know of a way to manually reinstall the Win Hello drivers? Yes,
    I know that I could reinstall Windows, but there should be a simpler way to do it.

DeBary_FL, Sep 25, 2019
  3. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files

Biometrics Missing and Not Functioning

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 PC laptop running Windows 10. I have tried to activate Windows Hello, and searched for the fingerprint reader in the Device manager. However, there isn't even a biometrics category! So there isn't a fingerprint or facial recognition
    driver/reader/device.

I have searched all over the web for a solution, and it makes me mad that this feature is not working. I have tried a number of ways, from enabling the use of biometrics to adding drivers in the device manager. I cannot find any online installations for
    biometrics for my PC. I have periodically scanned for hardware changes and updates, and have even restarted the device a number of times.

Can I somehow get the driver, or needed software for fingerprints and biometrics? Was there a problem during the manufacturing? I am out of my warranty period already. Is there ANY way I can possibly get this working? Please help!

Thank you in advance to any help and suggestions.

AwesomAtom777, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Missing Biometrics and Windows Hello Files - Similar Threads - Missing Biometrics Hello

2. Missing 'Biometrics' gpedit.msc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing 'Biometrics' gpedit.msc: Hello,I want to disable my pin. In order to disable my pin, I have to enable 'Windows Hello Face'. When I'm at Settings -> accounts, it says that: Hello face, Hello Fingerprint and Hello Pincode are not available. When i click them, it says: this device does not meet your...
  3. Missing 'Biometrics' gpedit.msc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing 'Biometrics' gpedit.msc: Hello,I want to disable my pin. In order to disable my pin, I have to enable 'Windows Hello Face'. When I'm at Settings -> accounts, it says that: Hello face, Hello Fingerprint and Hello Pincode are not available. When i click them, it says: this device does not meet your...
  4. Missing 'Biometrics' gpedit.msc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello facial recognition has stopped working,biometrics missing.: Window Hello facial recognition has stopped working .I have tried all the advice I can find on the web to fix it ,but have managed to remove the biometrics from the device manager list. I've searched for a replacement download but couldn't find anything. I'm using a Surface...
  6. Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Biometrics sporadic: Windows Hello sign in using Biometrics Fingerprint scanner pre-installed with LG Gram laptop only works sporadically. Every 4-5 days, Windows Hello bypasses the Fingerprint scanner and signs in directly. Even though Windows Hello has been set up with a PIN and Fingerprints,...
  7. biometric devices missing

biometric devices missing: after a windows update windows hello facial recognition stopped working. Have to sign in with pin. I have researched with google and you tube and tried a lot of fixes. Nothing fixes the problem. Windows no longer recognizes that my camera can be used with Hello....
  8. windows hello biometric recognition

windows hello biometric recognition: I am using windows 10 pro on my device. Initially, windows hello biometric recognition was being support on my device. But now it shows that windows hello is isn't available on my device. Can anyone help me out?...
  9. windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management

windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management: the windows 10 hello biometrics are missing from device management they was there in device management but it had a issue I uninstalled it and now it wont reinstall it I was able to use Hello with my Xbox One Kinect and now I cant get to work again, I tried everything and...
  10. Biometrics Missing and Not Functioning

Biometrics Missing and Not Functioning: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 PC laptop running Windows 10. I have tried to activate Windows Hello, and searched for the fingerprint reader in the Device manager. However, there isn't even a biometrics category! So there isn't a fingerprint or facial recognition...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. helloface.inf

2. system 32 windows hello folder

3. hello face migration.inf download

4. face driver folder missing in winbioplugins folder,
  5. missing face driver on winbioplugins folder in windows 11,
  6. FaceDriver folder not showing,
  7. C:Windows/System32/WinBioPlugIns/,
  8. windows helloface.inf file missing,
  9. C:\Windows\System32\WinBioPlugIns\FaceDriver,
  10. no biometrics in device manager,
  11. computer does not have helloface.inf file